REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
DEVELOPMENT OF USAID ERAT WEBSITE
Date of announcement: 15 November 2021 – Deadline extended
ABOUT USAID ERAT
The goal of ERAT is for the citizens of Indonesia to benefit from effective local government by increasing the quality of policy implementation and service delivery at the subnational level. The goal will be achieved through three interrelated intermediate results (IRs):
(1) Coherence between national and subnational policies strengthened;
(2) Performance of local service delivery enhanced; and
(3) Local budget allocation and execution improved.
Overall expected outcomes by the end of the performance of ERAT Task Orders include:
- Institutionalized mechanisms for policy communication, coordination, and collaboration between and among various levels of government.
- Stronger policy clarity and implementation towards strengthening local governance and improving service delivery.
- More reliable and effective use of government data in planning, budgeting, and evaluating services and performance.
- Improved use of citizen input in planning, providing, and evaluating service delivery.
- Deeper responsiveness to gender equality and social inclusion in policy making, service provision, and resource decisions.
- Wider dissemination, adoption, and institutionalization of effective innovation, best practices, and replicable models for strengthening local governance and improving service delivery.
- Greater quality and transparency of spending at the subnational level.
ERAT’s geographic scope are the provinces of: North Sumatra, Banten, East Java, West Kalimantan, South Sulawesi, and East Nusa Tenggara. In 2021, ERAT main activities are: (1) conducting political economy analyses (PEAs) on inter-governmental coordination, local governance, and public service delivery at the national and in the six provinces; and (2) co-designing the theory of change and implementation plan of ERAT together with government and other stakeholders at the national and provincial levels.
To achieve the program’s objectives, as stated in the USAID ERAT’s strategic communication plan, a website is one of the communication channels that will be used to disseminate information on USAID ERAT program to its target audience. USAID ERAT intends to hire a subcontractor to develop USAID ERAT’s website.
OBJECTIVE OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF USAID ERAT WEBSITE
USAID ERAT’s website will serve as an outreach mechanism to disseminate USAID’s support on strengthening democratic governance in Indonesia through ERAT. It will also be a one-stop information platform for stakeholders and partners to access tools and materials that will support them in implementing efficient and effective local governance.
SCOPE OF WORK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The subcontractor will be responsible for developing the USAID ERAT website.
More specifically the scope of work includes the following:
- Brainstorming with ERAT team to develop USAID ERAT’s website.
- Design and develop USAID ERAT’s website that is user-friendly (including for mobile view) and bilingual (Bahasa Indonesia and English).
- Ensure that the website is inclusive and accessible by persons with disabilities and complies with the USAID’s Product Accessibility Template (PAT).
- Ensure the website complies with ADS 557 and Section 508. Prior to the deployment of the website, approval from USAID’s Website Governance Board will be sought to ensure its compliance.
- Ensuring the security of the website to prevent hacking, passed the security tests, and complies with the USAID’s guidance: M-15-13 and BOD 18-01.
- Train the USAID ERAT communication team on the website’s content management system
- Provide technical assistance and maintenance for the USAID ERAT’s website after the website develops throughout the program’s lifetime until 2026.
- Provide graphics, photos, illustrations needed for the website.
Under the supervision of ERAT Communication Officer, the subcontractor will be responsible to develop, launch, and maintain the USAID ERAT website, ensuring its compliance with the USAID regulations and guidance, and training the USAID ERAT team on how to manage the website.
|Choices of website mock–up design||10 December 2021|
|Website wireframe||20 December 2021|
|18 February 2022|
CRITERIA OF SELECTION:
Selected subcontractor is expected to:
- Dedicate enough human resources to provide expected tasks and deliver high quality deliverables on a timely manner.
- Have proven expertise to develop a user-friendly website
- Have proven expertise on content management system (CMS)
- Have experience working for development program or USAID-funded program is preferred
- Respond to revision and requests from USAID ERAT team in a timely manner
- Have knowledge and experience on inclusive design to ensure USAID ERAT’s website accessibility
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION AND BUDGET