As a part of Indonesia – German Cooperation in reducing emission from forestry sector as well as improving livelihood of rural communities a project name Peatland Management and Rehabilitation has been implemented. The project aims to develop the planning and implementation capacities to rehabilitate peat ecosystem and mangrove forest in Kayan Sembakung Delta. The module combines policy and capacity development measures. Activities are implemented at the macro-meso and micro levels (pilot measures are used here as well). Policy advice is one area in which close cooperation at National level with the Environment and Forestry Ministry is pursued.
The project expected to deliver the several basic outputs as follows:
- Integrated planning processes for the protection and sustainable management of peat ecosystems and mangrove in Kayan Sembakung Delta Area.
- Improved peat and wetlands ecosystems land use system/practices.
- Results from applied research and documented field experiences will be distributed at local, national and international levels.
Support the PROPEAT project on participatory land use planning process and mapping potential rehabilitation areas in North and East Kalimantan
- Assist the PROPEAT project in implementing participatory land use planning at village level,
- Support the implementation of GPS operating training for local community,
- Support the training for community on conducting participatory land use plan, especially for the process and method,
- Assist the Integrative Land use Advisor in developing various thematic maps for participatory land use planning,
- Assist the Peat Management and Rehabilitation Advisor on field identification peatland area for rehabilitation,
- Support the Peat Management and Rehabilitation Advisor for field assessment for peatland rehabilitation,
- Assist the Integrative Land use Advisor on developing maps of area for peatland rehabilitation, including canals mapping.
- Assist the Peat Management and Rehabilitation Advisor to provide information and maps for the proposed peatlands for rehabilitation,
- Collecting field data and photos from the field assessment for peatland rehabilitation,
- Support development of land rehabilitation technical plan,
- Compiling spatial and non-spatial related data, provide the metadata of the compiled data.
- Fresh graduate or bachelor student in Forestry or its equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of peatland and rehabilitation,
- Basic knowledge of Participatory land used plan,
- Familiar with GIS software and data analysis,
- Ability to operate drones,
- Knowledge and skills about digitalization,
- Good conceptual, inter-personal communication, self-employment, coordination, facilitation, and representation skills,
- Strong interest to work on issues related to gender, natural resource management, and peatland ecosystem.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good communication, organisational and information management skills,
- Intercultural understanding is additional advantages,
- Self-motivated with time and stress management skills and ability to work with minimum supervision,
- Good command of Ms. Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word),
- Experience in writing scientific report is an advantage,
- Proficiency in English and very good writing skills,
- Ability to work in a team and to adapt to an international working environment.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than one year ago.
Duty Station: Tanjung Selor
Joining Date: as soon as possible
Period of Contract: 3 months
Direct Supervisor: Integrative Land use Planning Advisor
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall submit comprehensive resume and a motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org before April 08th, 2021.
Please put: PROPEAT – Intern for Mapping (2) as your email subject and name the files using following format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified