The German Government (represented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit GIZ GmbH) has been supporting the Indonesian Government (represented by the Corruption Eradication Commission/CEC) in corruption prevention since 2007. The current phase of the cooperation: Assistance in Preventing and Combating Corruption (APCC) is running from 2019-2021 with the main goal to improve the corruption prevention of the Indonesian government in the national and sub national level, incl. in the forestry sector. One of the expected outputs of this cooperation is to improve the capacity of local government in implementing its corruption prevention program. APCC is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ with the CEC as the Project Executing Agency.
Papua and West Papua provinces have significant big forest area and other natural resources, CEC also has special attention on ensuring good governance in the forest and other natural resources in these provinces. In addition to that, Papua and West Papua Provinces are still having challenges in implementing their corruption prevention program (infrastructure, technology, human resources, etc.). Thus, the APCC will support the local governments in Papua Province (incl. Merauke and Jayapura Districts) as well as in West Papua Province (incl. Tambrauw and Sorong Selatan) to improve their corruption prevention program.
The Advisor on Good Governance in the Forestry Sector will fulfil a key role in the project team and will contribute to the overall objectives of the APCC. The incumbent will be accountable to APCC for the overall coordination of the project activities at the provincial and district levels on the issue of good governance in the forestry sector; for the quality, timeline and effectiveness of the services provided and the activities carried out. The incumbent will directly work with the project teams and support to project planning, implementation and monitoring on good governance in the forestry sector at the provincial and district levels. She/He will be the focal point for communication to the participating partners, national organizations, and others concerning the implementation of the project at the sub-national level.
These responsibilities include:
- In close coordination with APCC Advisors, manage activities to the achievement of project objectives.
- Advice and support the subnational project partners (provinces and districts) in (1) strategic planning processes and designing approaches in preventing corruption in the forestry sector; (2) implementation of sub national corruption prevention program in the forestry sector (3) facilitating the operational of subnational forest governance multistakeholder forum (4) facilitating training and other capacity development measures to the targeted local government and other strategic stakeholders related to corruption prevention program in the forestry sector
- Advice and support the national project partners in coordination, collaboration, supervision, monitoring relevant programs in the forestry sector in Papua region
- Supervise the implementation of the APCC cooperation with local institutions, consultants, interns, and NGOs in Papua region.
- Reporting and documentation of project results as well as review other documents concerning the progress of subnational corruption prevention program in the forestry sector.
- Management and coordination
- Support the management and administration of APCC activities in Papua region in adherence to GIZ policies and procedures.
- Ensure the APCC activities in Papua region are coordinated for effective implementation of the project.
- Represent the project particularly for the stakeholders at the provincial and district level to do policy advice on highest level.
- Coordinate, supervise and contribute to the preparation and implementation of project activities in line with strategic and annual working plan.
- Coordinate joint activities and other technical cooperation related APCC and other relevant partner institutions in the region.
- Coordinate with CEC on challenges faced by local governments in implementing the action plan on preventing corruption in the forestry sector and provide recommendations
- Coordinate activities supported and implemented by international and national consultants work at the subnational levels.
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in coordinating and conducting evaluation the results of activities and give input/feedback for better implementation at the provincial, district, and community levels.
- Contribute to the writing of the project progress and monitoring reports to supports M&E of APCC activities.
- Support APCC Advisors in preparing the budget and activity plan and in monitoring the implementation of events and consultants or grantees at subnational level.
- Professional Advisory Services
- Advise partner institutions in identifying needs, developing concepts and strategies, and provide technical input related to the good governance in the forestry sector
- Supervise and assist the multi stakeholder platform in carrying out its activities and follow up the recommendations
- Advise the assigned local government officers in implementing action plans on corruption prevention program and good governance in the forestry sector
- Deal with the design (term of references), preparation, and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues related to the overall objectives of the APCC activities, including performance evaluation.
- Conduct necessary desk and field research as well analysis related to corruption prevention program of CEC and good governance in the forestry sector
- Develop and organizes quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements, and initiatives related to the good governance in the forestry sector
- Participate in identifying needs for capacity development (including system/policy level, organizational and individual level) at the provincial level and in districts in line with project objectives.
- Providing support and technical assistance for the capacity building on transparency and accountability in budget planning and monitoring of budget lines and expenditures at the province and district level
- Develops networks with local governments, local NGOs, villages and other stakeholders in the forestry and other relevant natural resource management sectors.
- Providing support and technical assistance for updating of APCC strategic action plans, operational plans and annual work plans according to work progress, requirements of the CEC as well as sub national government authorities (keeping in mind the special autonomy of Papua region) and developments in the Indonesian forestry sector
- Contribute to continuous synchronization of APCC strategic areas (capacity development, collaborative action and digitalization on corruption prevention)
- Facilitate the communication of APCC and its national partner institutions with the local governments on corruption prevention program and good governance in the forestry sector
- Advise National and international consultants in getting clear picture of current political situations and status of forests governance in the district level
- Assist in project activities at the sub national level related to gender mainstreaming considerations.
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and APCC advisors in planning and coordinating project monitoring and evaluation.
- Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- Undertakes frequent visits to the field activities in project sites to ensure APCC partner activities are proceeding as planned (in accordance with GIZ requirements).
- Supports the provision of logistics for APCC staff and visitors.
- Accompanies and guides visitors in connection with field trips.
- Stay abreast of developments in global and Indonesian approaches for forest and anticorruption issues, as well as Masyarakat adat and special autonomy of Papua and West Papua.
- Networking and Cooperation
- Ensures cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners; and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships.
- Establish network of contacts (NGO, Academia, civil society) in the Papua region and maintain communication and inform them on working progress of APCC activities.
- Communicates and channel local interests and efforts from Papua Region, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of APCC.
- Coordinates and supports activities of other GIZ projects especially FORCLIME.
- Liaises with staff and implementers of other donors’ activities in Papua Region and identifies cooperation areas.
- Supports project leader in smooth partner relations.
- Knowledge management
- Compiles relevant information on the topic of good governance in the forestry sector and ensures knowledge transfer including lessons learned documentation
- Develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
- Monitors and coaches the implementation of the M and E System on local level.
- Draws up reports and presentation documents
- Assists with research activities and studies on forest policy issues which benefit joint programmes.
- Facilitate exchange and identify potential cooperation with other project site in East Kalimantan, other GIZ projects in Tanah Papua (FORCLIME) and government partners (Subnational Good Governance in the Forestry Sector Multistakeholder Forum) on the utilization of data and information of project-related activities.
- Prepare documentation materials such as photos and video footages for project-related activities.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in forestry/Natural Resource Management or other relevant academic fields.
- Experience in forestry sector, good governance and multistakeholder management
- Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Person with a residence in Tanah Papua are preferred candidates
- At least 5 years’ professional experience on work related to forestry/natural resource management, and Masyarakat Hukum Adat/social/anthropology.
- Existing working relations with Tanah Papua.
- Previous work experience with development projects will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years professional experiences in project management.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Strong managerial and organisational competence;
- Willingness to travel extensively;
- Good Knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- Good facilitation skills and communication skills;
- Able to work independently and with limited resources or support.
Duty Station: Tanah Papua (Possible location: Jayapura/Manokwari/South Sorong/Tambrauw/Merauke)
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on September 21, 2021
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: APCC – GGFS (3)
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.