The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in Indonesia since 1975 on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
RE:Minigrids for Triangular Cooperation in Indonesia (ENTRI) aims to strengthen Indonesia’s position as leading actor in south-south triangular cooperation particularly in the topic of decentralized renewable energy for rural development. The project is fueled by huge amount of past and recent experiences in implementing RE minigrids in Indonesia. Those experiences can help other countries in increasing energy access thus increasing Indonesia’s role in global development. The project’s duration is from January 2023 until December 2025.
The project has three key outputs that all interrelated:
- Output 1 – Strengthening MEMR in the implementation out triangular cooperation
- Output 2 – Implementation exchanges with partner countries
- Output 3 – Internalizing lessons learned from the implementation of triangular cooperation exchange at different phases.
The project is looking for a person with a profile of knowledge collector and network connector. He/She shall work closely mainly with Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (MEMR), private sector active in decentralized renewable energy for rural energy in Indonesia, relevant associations, research centres, academics, training centres, and individuals active in rural energy development. The advisor may also work closely with other development organizations active in rural energy development in Indonesia and relevant global partners. Therefore, we seek one (1) motivated and qualified Indonesian candidate for: Renewable Energy Advisor
- Identifying and documenting key learnings about decentralized renewable energy (RE) for rural communities and relevant human resources, relevant knowledge products, exemplary sites, and other aspects that will fuel exchanges
- Developing and maintaining network between key actors of decentralized renewable energy for rural communities in Indonesia and ensuring they are ready for international level exchanges
- Identifying and collecting summary of learnings and recommendations for MEMR (Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources) and ensuring that they are well accepted by
- Identifying and developing long-term learning process and its supporting programs for exchange with different partner countries that also benefits Indonesia
- Identifying potential partner countries and potential for pilot projects in Indonesia and partner country/countries
- Executing exchange program on behalf of German contribution and report the implementation
- Collecting and reviewing information about lessons learnt and impacts from the exchange process regularly for internal and external usages.
- Identify key learnings from Indonesia that can be shared to global audience particularly in the field of decentralized RE
- Identify key learnings needs of Indonesian stakeholders, particularly MEMR, on decentralized RE topics
- Identify the learnings needs from potential partner countries on decentralized RE topic
- Identify individuals or organizations in Indonesia that own or hold the key learnings/experiences on decentralized RE topics
- Facilitate the collection the learnings and experiences and develop knowledge products useful for Indonesia and potential partner countries in the field of decentralized RE
- In coordination with MEMR and based on collected experiences, summarize the recommendations for MEMR for the future implementation of decentralized renewable energy for rural communities in Indonesia
- Connect and maintain good communication with individuals, organizations, development partners in Indonesia in the process of collecting knowledge/experiences on decentralized RE
- Connect and maintain good communication with GIZ global decentralized RE network to identify potential cooperation
- In coordination with MEMR, identify potential partner countries for SSTC (South-South Triangular Cooperation) activities
- In coordination with other advisors in the project and MEMR, plan the SSTC activities with potential partner countries for long term learning/exchange process
- Plan and execute SSTC activities on behalf of GIZ/German contribution
- In coordination with relevant ministries and MEMR, identify potential pilot project at partner countries and/or Indonesia
- Identify key learnings in the process of identification, selection, and implementation of SSTC activities together with MEMR and other NCT (National Coordination Team) ministries
- Monitor the impact of activities to stakeholders in Indonesia and partner countries
- Development of Term of References for local and/or international consultants
- Additional tasks that shall be given by principal advisor.
- At least 5 (five) years of experiences in the field of renewable energy particularly in the rural RE implementation
- Good understanding of different technologies of decentralized RE, particularly solar PV and hydro
- Having vast network in the decentralized RE community in Indonesia particularly with private sector, communities, and research centers
- Preferably also having vast network with academics, and development institutions
- Good understanding of decentralized RE situation in Indonesia and global needs/trends
- Good network within MEMR particularly DG New and Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation (EBTKE)
- Experiences in implementing capacity building activities
- Understanding the principles of knowledge management.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
- At least having bachelor’s degree from relevant majors such as engineering studies
- A team player
- Both independent and coordinative
- Having good project management skills
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: As soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: Project Manager
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 May 2023 with subject line ENTRI – REA (repost)
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.