Sosial Bisnis Indonesia (SOBI) is the first natural resource management-based company which was established in 2016 with the mission of shared ownership and sustainable management. SOBI acts as a market hub to promote and connect sustainable wood-derived products from the community-based cooperatives to fulfill the market demands. Preceding to providing the better access to the market in a broader term, SOBI also provides the assessment and certification process for natural resource-derived products (FSC and SVLK) so the sustainable principles are met.
SOBI’s establishment was inspired by the importance of sustainability on natural resource management to be seen as an instrument for conserving the biological biodiversity as well as maintaining the balance of resources base. Yet, the fact that sustainable natural resources management is hard to be adopted if communities still challenged with economic and operational problems resulting the unsustainable way of their common practices. SOBI therefore presents better and long-term breakthrough for forest communities by providing access to sustainable market with fairly better price while ensuring the sustainability of the forest.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assuring SOBI’s partners to implement their specific-designated function such as inventory and periodic environment monitoring
- Assuring SOBI’s partners fill and collect socio-economic and membership monitoring reports with agreed indicators based on FSC standards
- Assuring SOBI’s partners to achieve annual addition of land area target set by SOBI
- Coordinate with SOBI’s partners and SOBI’s branch heads to collect administrative and technical equipment in the field to comply with FSC standards and the major compliance list based on the minimum value set
- Conduct periodic socialization to partners. Distributing updated manual/ handbook related standardized activities
- Compile the profit share of each SOBI’s partner based on information from Sales & Marketing. Process the profit-sharing payment to the relevant Partner
- Monitor performance of each SOBI’s Partner with indicators of compliance with FSC standards and formulate solution when conflict occurs
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Biology/ Forestry/ Management/ Communication
Minimum 1 year working experience with community relationship background (Fresh graduates with relevant project experiences are encouraged to apply)
Professional and Personal Competencies and Traits required:
- Knowledge and understanding of forestry issues
- Keen with community development activities
- Fluent in English both oral and written
- Detail oriented
- Good interpersonal and team-building skills
- Comfortable to work independently with minimum lead/supervision
- Interpersonal skill and active communications
- Proven ability of demonstrating initiative and creativity to achieve desired outcomes
Send Resume/CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject email “Application for Relationship Management_(Name)” before March 15th, 2018.