REGIONAL SECURITY MANAGER
Taking risks, innovation and stretching the space of what is possible is integral to the way Greenpeace operates. In this role you are responsible for enabling Greenpeace and its staff to safely deliver cutting edge operations and campaigning in the challenging Southeast Asian context. As the Security Manager you are the lead expert on organisational security matters and will provide strategic advice and support to the entire organisation in order to promote smart risk taking. You foster the conversation about Security to ensure it is an integrated component of all our operations, you enhance the safety and security of our people and protect the integrity and reputation of Greenpeace Southeast Asia.
The focus of your role is to strengthen GPSEA Security Systems and to establish a Security Culture, that allow our Programme to take bolder steps to increase impact of our projects, while maintaining a high level of Safety for the organisation and our people. You lead and facilitate the development of Security & Safety related policies and protocols and oversee the establishment of fit-for-purpose Security systems, including the design, roll-out, monitoring and needed trainings, in line with established Greenpeace Best Practices and protocols.
To ensure Greenpeace grows its organisational resilience, you will oversee, maintain and improve our Critical Incident Management Systems, ensure Security integration into our organisational systems such as HR, IT and Programme as well as provide a regular context analysis of our operating environment.
This role requires you to develop your unit and the GPSEA Security community of practice to deliver operationally across projects in the region. While you are the focal point on all Security related matters, you have to closely coordinate and collaborate on security issues with various stakeholders across the organisation, HR, Programme, FR etc.
Non-nationals/citizens and those with no legal right to live and work in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines may only be considered for employment in Malaysia and Indonesia office only; pending work permit approval. Non-nationals will not be considered for employment in Thailand and the Philippines.
This is a full-time position based in Southeast Asia.
- Educational Background & Fundamental Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in any management field, security management background preferred
- Work Experience :
- At least 3 years working in a non-profit, campaigning organisation
- At least 3 years of supervisory/management experience
- At least five years experience delivering security management plans and risk analyses including: physical security management; crisis; occupational health and safety; field security; and travel;
Training or Certificate:
- Proven professional training in security management or a related field, or comparable work experience/certification
- Salary Offer Compensation commensurate with experience