United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) is the biggest regional section of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) in which its Secretariat is based in Jakarta, Indonesia and hosted by the Provincial Government of Jakarta. UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments and the officially recognised voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people – more than half of the world population – and incorporates economically fast-developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programmes, networks and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and the associations. Moreover, UCLG ASPAC represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard equality, social and economic justice, and sustainable community development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development comprising poverty alleviation, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralisation, local finance, gender equality, women leadership and empowerment and good governance.
UCLG ASPAC has collaborations with many international development partners from all over the world, including Europe and has been implementing programmes and projects with partners and members on various fields such as climate change, public spaces, sanitation, etc. To have good coordination and well consolidation with partners and smooth implementation of the programmes and projects, UCLG ASPAC is seeking a professional Regional Programme Administrative Officer with a full-time position based in Jakarta, Indonesia. She/he will support the work of the UCLG ASPAC Secretariat Office and its projects/programmes to perform a full range of administrative duties and manage their queries.
Scope of Works
- Be responsible for assuring all administrative related tasks to support projects and programmes to run as planned and targeted. These include the organising of administrative and logistical aspects of activities and events.
- Manage and monitor the availability of accessories, equipment, stationeries, office supplies, office stock and placing orders as required.
- Assist the Administrative Manager in ensuring that the Secretariat and its project/programme’s services and contracts are maintained and renewed accordingly (internet, website, Travel Agent, Equipment/Machines rental, etc).
- Maintain the Organisations’ filing system for administrative documentation and ensure to update it on time.
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned.
- Ensure that relevant data regarding projects/programmes are kept confidentially and only be communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct other administrative tasks, as required by the Administrative Manager and Secretary General.
- Provide proactive, accurate, timely and high-quality administrative work and ensure proper filing in hard and soft copies.
- Maintaining the communication with the donor agencies and partners, be responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the administrative requirement of the projects and programmes in coordination with the Programme and other Divisions within UCLG ASPAC.
- Perform other administrative tasks that are consistent with the overall scope for this post as directed by the Administrative Manager; Programme or Project Coordinators and Managers and/or the Secretary General.
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management and/or related fields.
At least Five (5) years of experience in Management, Administrator, or similar role.
Demonstrated experience working with local governments, multi-donor agencies and/or development partners.
High standard of spoken and written in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Other skills: Chinese/Mandarin or Korea is a plus
- Computer skills:
Proficiency in MS Office
- Other skills and competencies:
- Demonstrates detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and ability to understand and effectively use information and data;
- Has working experience in international cooperation development projects;
- Be willing to travel during the implementation of programmes and projects when required;
- Can work in a team and individual;
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to do multitasking works, prioritising the competing tasks and managing time effectively;
- Has strong organizational skills with a problem-solving attitude;
- Can work in tight deadlines and adapt quickly to changing environments;
- Has positive attitude and open-mind set and provide better services to members;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and persuasion skills.
S/he shall be supervised by the HR Administrative Manager, indirect report to the Project Managers/Coordinators.
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter, state salary expectation and current CV to email@example.com
Fill the email “Subject” Column of the email in the format: <position applied> – <your name>
Closing date: 31 January 2021 (COB 5.00 PM).
Only the qualified candidate(s) will be contacted.