CNV Internationaal Foundation is part of the National Confederation of Trade Unions CNV in the Netherlands. CNV Internationaal has worked with trade unions in low and middle income countries since its establishment in 1967. Our mission is to contribute to Decent Work in developing countries by applying the CNV principles of international solidarity, individual responsibility, social dialogue and pluralism. CNV Internationaal works on the strengthening of the position of workers in both the formal and informal economy through strong social partners, promoting sustainability in the supply chain. In the Netherlands, CNV Internationaal – together with the CNV Confederation and its trade union federations – contributes to Decent Work in low and middle income countries through lobbying, policy and awareness campaigns.
In Asia, CNV Internationaal works in three major programs with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs in three countries (Indonesia, Cambodia and Vietnam):
- the trade union co-financing program focussing on strengthening social dialogue;
- the strategic partnership with ICCO (Civic Engagement Alliance) focussing on agro food supply chains (palm oil, sugarcane and rubber)
- the strategic partnership with Fair Wear Foundation and Mondiaal FNV (Strategic Partnership for Garment Supply Chain Transformation) focussing on social dialogue, living wage and gender based violence in the garment supply chain.
We are looking for a PMEAL Officer, who will be part of a team consisting of a Regional Consultant and Financial Officer. The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Check and analysis of the quarterly reports delivered by the national consultants;
- Deliver the quarterly reports to CNV Internationaal accompanied with advice for improvements;
- Monitoring of progress (quarterly) and support quality information flows of key partners to CNV I Utrecht for reports to the Dutch Ministry including informing and advising CNV International in Utrecht (the Netherlands) on progress and possible obstacles and risks.
- Capitalisation of knowledge, e.g. the development and sharing of manuals and best practices.
- Coordination with national consultants in the three countries on PMEAL;
- Coach and support the national consultants in PMEAL
Skills & requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years work experience in PMEL;
- Demonstrable experience in programme management of projects (national and supra national) financed by institutional donors, and in ToC methodology and outcome harvesting;
- Proven affinity with trade unions;
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis (mainly to Cambodia and Vietnam);
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Accurate and excellent planning skills;
- Culturally sensitive;
- Proactive attitude.
What we offer
- Initially, 1 year contract for 40 hours per week with the prospect of an extension upon good performance, subject to continuation of funding;
- Enthusiastic and passionate colleagues who put their heart and soul into their work;
- An international working environment.
For more information please contact:
Marie José Alting von Geusau, manager of CNV Internationaal
Phone: +31 30 751 1277 / +31 6 5064 4688
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘Application Regional PMEAL Officer ‘.
Deadline for response:
9th of September 2018