CNV Internationaal Foundation is part of the National Confederation of Trade Unions CNV in the Netherlands. CNV Internationaal has worked with trade unions in low and middle income countries since its establishment in 1967. Our mission is to contribute to Decent Work in developing countries by applying the CNV principles of international solidarity, individual responsibility, social dialogue and pluralism. CNV Internationaal works on the strengthening of the position of workers in both the formal and informal economy through strong social partners, promoting sustainability in the supply chain. In the Netherlands, CNV Internationaal – together with the CNV Confederation and its trade union federations – contributes to Decent Work in low and middle income countries through lobbying, policy and awareness campaigns.
In Asia, CNV Internationaal works in three major programs with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs in three countries (Indonesia, Cambodia and Vietnam):
- the trade union co-financing program focussing on strengthening social dialogue;
- the strategic partnership with ICCO (Civic Engagement Alliance) focussing on agro food supply chains (palm oil, sugarcane and rubber)
- the strategic partnership with Fair Wear Foundation and Mondiaal FNV (Strategic Partnership for Garment Supply Chain Transformation) focussing on social dialogue, living wage and gender based violence in the garment supply chain.
CNV Internationaal is looking for a Regional Consultant Asia who will be part of a team consisting of a PMEAL Officer and a Financial Officer. The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Identification and implementation of strategic possibilities and opportunities related to the three above mentioned programmes (f.i the organisation of Colleague to Colleague exchange, opportunities for lobby and advocacy campaigns at national and regional level, research, mapping of stakeholders, strategic alliances);
- Conduct lobby and network activities at regional (South-East Asian) level;
- Capitalisation of knowledge, e.g. the development and sharing of manuals and best practices;
- Coordination with and advising towards the national consultants in the three countries, both on strategy, content and PMEAL;
- Coordination of the tasks of the regional Financial Officer and the PMEAL Officer.
- Informing and advising (both solicited and unsolicited) CNV International in the Netherlands on strategic issues, progress and possible obstacles and risks.
- Support to the fundraising strategy of CNV Internationaal:
- Identify possible donors at national and international levels
- Maintain good relations with representatives of international donors (such as EC) in the region, whenever necessary
- Provide input for and support to the elaboration of project proposals.
Skills & requirements
- Master’s degree and at least 10 years relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of South-East Asian (regional) socio-economic structures and developments and preferably also of social dialogue and labour rights in supply chains;
- Proven affinity with trade unions;
- Demonstrable experience in programme management of projects financed by institutional donors;
- Shared vision (with CNV Internationaal) and common ground on thematic contents and approach;
- Demonstrable experience with coordination of supra national programmes;
- Knowledge and experiences with Theory of Changes and preferably on outcome harvesting;
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis (mainly within the region);
- Speaks and writes fluent English;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Creative thinker with a critical and analytical mind;
- Ability to work independently;
- Culturally sensitive;
- Proactive attitude.
What we offer
- Initially, 1 year service delivery contract for 40 hours per week with the prospect of an extension upon good performance, subject to continuation of funding;
- Enthusiastic and passionate colleagues who put their heart and soul into their work;
- An international working environment.
For more information please contact:
Marie José Alting von Geusau, manager of CNV Internationaal
Phone: +31 30 751 1277 / +31 6 5064 4688
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘Application Regional Consultant Asia
Deadline for response:
9th of September 2018