RTI’s International Compliance team is seeking a Regional Compliance Officer, who will be responsible for providing global compliance monitoring and support to ensure consistent quality and compliance with established policy and procedures. The Regional Compliance Officer, as part of the International Control Framework, will work with home office and global staff to address and resolve compliance issues; perform testing and evaluation of test results of international internal controls, and educate field staff to ensure adequate awareness and understanding of financial policies and procedures. The Regional Compliance Officer will be part of the Asia Regional team.
- Perform compliance reviews of international expenses in accordance with the Compliance Supporting Document Matrix and Chart of Account requirements for regional field offices to ensure adherence to RTI policies and procedures.
- Provide audit preparation training and support in conjunction with management.
- Assist with internal compliance investigations, as requested.
- Conduct internal monitoring and auditing, as requested.
- Provide assistance in the testing and documentation of the International Internal Control Environment.
- Build excellent working relationships with both local and international staff and provide them with support and training.
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures.
- Assist with financial compliance testing around our internal controls over financial reporting including selecting data, reviewing documentation and documenting results
- Documenting internal controls around financial and governmental controls by interviewing business process owners
- Provide recommendations for improved controls and processes
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree and 3 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Timely support and respond to the needs of the multiple field office finance teams to enable consistent service delivery
- The ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships
- Must work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and meet unexpected demands
- Must exhibit a flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment, as well as independently
- High standard of personal and professional integrity.
- Must possess strong computer skills: ability to work with Microsoft Office product suite, and e-mail/internet software applications
- Working knowledge of GAAP and US federal regulations, and experience working with USAID-financed activities is preferred
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply, click link below:
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach and one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.