Programme Communication Specialist will develop communication work plan for 3 thematic programs and relevant projects under Humanitarian Resilience Program (HRP) and lead the implementation under supervision of Media and Communication Manager. The job holder will have a consulting and coordinating function with HRP team to ensure the plan is in line with programme objectives as well as Plan Indonesia’s communication guideline. During Emergency Response, the job holder will be part of Emergency Response team to play a leading role in coordinating communications function for emergency.
The job holder also works closely with the program staff at the national and local level to ensure effective implementation of communication activities including to document and produce communication materials, support public event, produce stories, articles and photos that showcase program achievement and disseminate them effectively to targeted audience. She/he needs to understand YPII brand guideline and be responsible to ensure all programme’s communication materials and events are in line with YPII brand guideline. Job holder will also contribute to program and communications report.
As part of national communication team, job holder will also play a significant role to contribute to the development of national communication annual plan ensuring HRP communications work plan is aligned with it. The person will work together with other communication staff to develop effective social media and mass media campaign to help increase YPII brand visibility and disseminate communications products to public and key stakeholders.
Last but not least, job holder will participate meaningfully in flagship campaign at the national level, such as Girls Get Equal, International Day of the Girls, International Women’s Day, National Children Day, etc, that will be led by national campaign team.
Dimensions of the Role
- This position reports to Media and Communication Manager.
- Develop communication work plan for 3 thematic programs and relevant projects under HRP in consultation with Media & Communications Manager and HRP Manager.
- Coordinate with project manager under HRP to ensure effective implementation of HRP communication work plan.
- Contribute to national communication plan and report, in terms of target outreach and organisation visibility.
- Work with HR program / project staff to produce IEC materials, write success stories, press release, support HRP public event, and media partners.
- Coordinate with external communication team to publish high quality communication products and promote HRP public events in digital media and mass media.
- Support communication and influencing department in national campaign initiatives (IDG, GGE, national children day, etc) when necessary.
- As part of emergency response team to play a leading role in managing communications activities for emergency.
- Ensure all HRP communication products produced by project team and partners comply with YPII brand guideline and communication protocol.
Lead the development and delivery of HRP Communications workplan
- Develop communications work plan for Humanitarian and Resilience Program (HRP) based on HRP program annual and its projects Detailed Implementation Plan making sure it is in line with the national communication plan and target
- In collaboration with the programs team to develop agreed communication messages, targeted audience, the strategic communications product and communication channels for dissemination
- Support public events led by HRP program/project from the communications aspects
- Contribute to project proposal development to provide inputs for communications aspects (responsibilities, output, budget)
- Develop communications plan for emergency response, support the emergency communication activities and recruit consultant or temporary staff when necessary
- Contribute to the program report in the aspect of communication
- Develop communication report to be submitted to communication manager to highlight contribution to national communication target
Support the effort of increasing YPII visibility as a leading child rights organization in the country:
- Ensure all communication materials comply with YPII brand guideline and communication protocol.
- Together with communication team, develop publication that help highlight YPII’s works with children and girls’ rights, i.e. annual report for public, newsletter, website articles, photo stocks, etc
- Measure and record the result and effectiveness of visibility effort to public and targeted stakeholders
- Provides training and socialization on YPII brand guideline and communication protocol for the program staff and its partner organizations and ensure the application
Lead the implementation of HRP communication work plan
- Lead the process of developing communication materials, success stories, campaign events and reaching out to media for HRP, including emergency response (with support from consultant when necessary)
- Work with communication team to manage and coordinate publication in social media and other platform under the program
- Organize media/journalist visit to program/project site and maintaining media visit guideline.
- Put target number of publication, news coverage and in-depth in local and national journalist’s / mass media to be reached annually
- Establish the program / project profile and success stories that show the unique and best approach compare to other organization.
- Drafting content (e.g. press release, fact sheet, profile, etc) for mass media or Plan website.
- Communication protocol and CP issues are well verified before any media visit.
Provide support to organize/arrange advocacy and campaign initiatives (IDG, GGE, IWD, national children day, etc)
- Support national campaign initiative to strengthen YPII positioning.
- To be part of campaign team to support the implementation of campaign initiative and mobilize public support and vibration among young people
- The program / project staff understand and participate to the national campaign initiative that can be held in CO, PIA or other areas in Indonesia.
- Humanitarian Resilience Program Manager, project managers within HRP Program
- Communication & Influencing Team
- Marketing and Communication Team, withing Resource Mobilisation Department
- Finance Team, Administration Team and Human Resources Team
- Sponsorship Team and Programme Implementation Area staffs
Asia Hub and Global Hub Staffs:
- Communication Team, Regional and Global
- Related Project Communication on Regional and Global
- Implementing partner organizations of HR program / projects
- Relevant key stakeholders including staff of local and national government, INGO, NGO and donors
- Program / project participants
- Media companies and journalist, social media communities and influencers
- Different network, forum and clusters on project implementation
- Consultant of graphic designers, photographer, video makers, copywriters, etc
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University degree in Communications or related fields
- Between 3-5 years of professional experience in communication for NGO or journalist, or editors or copywriters
- Excellent skilled in popular writing and editing both in Indonesian and English
- Have good sense of art in graphic design and photography
- Experience working for NGO / non-profit sector is preferable
- Experience in the implementation of public event
- Digital media experience
Knowledge and Skill:
- Good interpersonal skill and team work
- Excellent interpersonal communications and presentations skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management skills
- Good presentation and strong communication skill
- Good networking with media / journalists is preferable
- Understand about human right, child right is a plus
- Good in English (both speaking and writing)
- Proven working experience with the community, government, private sector.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the print production process and supplier negotiations is desirable.
- Team Work
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Data gathering and analysis
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Presentation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Team player
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
Typical office environment with frequent travels, sometimes to remote areas
Level of Contact with Children and Young People
High level: Frequent interaction with children and young people
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by click https://bit.ly/ProgCommsSpc25sept now not later than September 25, 2022
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As an international child centred community development organisation, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
- Salary Offer 8.500.000 - 11.000.000 IDR