Under USAID funding, Mercy Corps Indonesia is implementing the “Investing in Human capital for Disaster Management (INVEST-DM) program at the national level. INVEST-DM is supporting the Government of Indonesia in BNPB capacity development to deliver effective disaster risk management (DRM) services and save lives that includes having a strategy for an inclusive public education campaign on disaster risks and mitigation. Therefore, a complementary project, LeaN On, is initiated with additional USAID funding through USAID MAJU to contribute to measures led, and coordinated by BNPB to apply just-in-time and inclusive communications so mitigation against the COVID-19 risks can be implemented by people with disabilities and the most marginalized members of societies. The LeaN On project: Leaving No One behind through Outreach to People with Disabilities and the Most Marginalized Socioeconomic Groups on Public Education and Communications for Covid-19 Risk-Mitigation; will be implemented with consortium partners who mobilize and manage caseworkers in seven (7) areas, i.e. Greater Jakarta, Bandung, Medan, Yogyakarta, Greater Solo, Greater Surabaya, and Greater Kediri.
Monitoring and Information System Manager –LeaN On
The Monitoring and Information System Manager (MIS Manager) position will provide management and oversight of Information Technology needs and data for the LEAN ON initiative. This position will be responsible for managing, planning, organizing, developing, and/or maintaining the ICT tools and databases of the program; particularly those associated with the registration and training of promoters (caseworkers), outreach implementation, and quantitative monitoring. This position will conduct regular coordination with all relevant counterparts of the program and communicate current issues and resolutions of technical activities. The position will also support the monitoring of just-in-time information regarding the Covid-19 mitigation and penetration to the ultimate participants of the program and share a brief weekly (to gradually bi-weekly) updates. The MIS Manager will also oversee consortium and partners’ designated data handling personnel and responsible for the day-to-day technical support/ coaching. In concert with the Outreach and Social Support Manager, the MIS Manager will configure the complaint-handling mechanism.
This position temporary for 4 months’ contract
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Project Database Architecture
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure database architecture will respond to data and information user needs;
- Produce system requirements and specifications in collaboration with INVEST-DM MEL staff, BNPB information system operators, and monitoring & information staff of the consortium partners, including caseworkers’ registration and complaint handling data system;
- Review consortium partner’s databases and/or designs and customize the project-specific database to meet Mercy Corps Indonesia and USAID data acquisition, entry, management, and reporting functions and compatibility requirements;
- Work with consortium ME/L staff to identify and address shortfalls in information management that can impact data quality and affect program implementation;
- Coordinate and communicate with project staff, respective BNPB staff, and MCI when necessary to address issues in database development and management.
Capacity Building and Representation
- Be the resource person in the training of monitoring and information system to consortium partners;
- Support the project consortium partners in the creation of training modules or pointers on data capture, data entry, and information production;
- Provide technical support to staff on database use and interpreting the data based on the data source;
- Identify, build and manage trusted partnerships with consortium agencies, local government and other stakeholders;
- Maintain good working relationships with donors and other development organizations and represent Mercy Corps Indonesia at meetings when necessarily appointed by LeaN On Program Director.
Data Acquisition and Entry
- Identify and recommend digital platform options that are suitable to meet the of project monitoring and information system and enable easy handover to BNPB/ BPBD as deemed necessary by the project;
- Finalize standardized digital data capturing forms with data validation and calculations to be used with the selected digital platform(s);
- Provide virtual technical support on digital data capture and project database to consortium PICs responsible to mobilize caseworkers who are disseminating, collecting and entering primary data;
- Build, test, and train project team on data collection tools;
- Design and build dashboards to monitor data collection and progress of outreach;
- Incorporate user interfaces for data entry directly into the databases;
- Integrate data pulls from digital data sources, such as android phone data collection applications, into project databases;
- Monitor timeliness of data entry, updated dashboards, and data dissemination.
- Configure databases to house quantitative program data, survey, evaluation, and GIS data (if applicable);
- Organize and archive GIS, surveys, and routine monitoring data accurately and efficiently;
- Monitor data accuracy in database and work with relevant staff at country level to ensure submission of quality data;
- Manage database server and cloud back-up in concert with MCI staff and/or designated BNPB staff;
- Provide guidance and/or manage user login identifications and passwords for all database users across the consortium;
- Support the Program Director in managing STTAs deliverables, and knowledge products by managing storage, backup and archival of multiple research and study data sets (raw, flat and analytic datasets) with their corresponding documentation;
- Assure data protection measures are in place and enforced to protect personally identifiable information as regulated by Indonesian law and regulations.
Information Production and Reporting
- Construct standard reports for regular monitoring, with user interface/dashboard to access the reports;
- In concert with the OOS Manager, establish complaint handling procedures and the supporting ICT tools for user-friendly utilization and complaint verification;
- Ensure data is accessible and exportable, in formats compatible for complex data analyses;
- Document and train staff on accessing standard-reports/ dashboards and datasets;
- Working in collaboration with the project stakeholders, develop GIS information, collection, and analysis needs when resources are available.
Database/ ME/L officers from all consortium partners.
Reports Directly To LeaN On Program Director
Works Directly With Consortium partner ME/L staff, designated BNPB database/ information staff, Outreach and Social Support Manager, respective INVEST-DM staff, and other relevant MCI support/ operations team.
- At least 5 years’ experience in database development and management for those with Master degree and 7 years for those with Bachelor degree;
- Experience in designing and managing complex relational and spatial databases, with familiarity with open-source databases. Digital data collection tools literacy strongly preferred;
- Experience with digital data collection Magpi, KoBo collect, CommCare, or other online and offline digital data collection solutions preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in IT, computer science, or a related field. Master’s degree in epidemiology, public health or IT is preferred;
- Strong English skills required, both written and spoken.
Please send your CV together with a form on this link with the position applied on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org. The vacancy will be closed 30 June 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia.