Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. We are currently looking to fill the following position for our office in Jakarta.
Sustainable Development Coordinator
This position will support Senior Director of Terrestrial Program and Peatland and Mangrove (PME) Senior Program Manager to provide research and economic analysis including but not limited to the economic projection of business as usual scenario, peatland and forest restoration, green business development, and economic impact of ecosystem health and green investment.
He/she requires working closely with private sector, communities, donor, external partners at local, district, provincial and national levels and will further together with the other CII team be responsible for establishing constructive relationships with government, other NGOs and the private sector to support project alignment with government development objectives. Based in Jakarta, he/she is required to have frequent travel to CI Indonesia field offices in North Sumatera and West Papua.
Research and Analysis
- Conducting research on various environmental economic issues and publish research findings by preparing technical reports and scientific articles
- Supporting feasibility study for green investment on restoration, conservation, and sustainable production
- Conduct study and provide analysis on the socioeconomic impacts of public policies that impacted to sustainable development
- Support the development of landscape management tools for developing social economic baseline
- Provide trainings to stakeholders about sustainable development and methods, principles, and theories of environmental economics
- Develop database and conduct data acquisition and analysis the economical and statistical data in the area and relation between economic and environment
- Formulate strategic plans, recommendations, and policies to solve sustainable development issues related with land use and forestry
- Assess trade-offs between various mitigation and alternative strategies using relevant technical approach.
Project Reporting and Coordination
- Prepare technical draft report and support the draft monthly, annual reports based on inputs from field team are submitted on time for review;
- Prepare report of project outputs and economic impact from the program to contribute in SDGs parameter
- Work with CI-Indonesia personnel to identify appropriate materials and mechanisms to support improved reporting and communications;
- Produce technical material for infographic and presentation deck for support CI communication and outreach
- Undertake consultative meetings with both provincial and district governments in relation to the North Sumatra and West Papua projects and the broader program strategy;
- Arrange necessary agreements with the local key stakeholders that are relevant to the achievement of program strategies and outcomes;
- Collate reports from the fields provided by the project coordinators and compile them into regular (and final) reports to the CI-Indonesia and senior personnel.
- A degree in economics, finance, natural resources management related science with a minimum 4+ years of professional experience. Fresh graduate of master and doctoral degree fresh graduate majoring in economic development, environmental economics, are welcomed to apply;
- Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural situations with a wide range of people in both the public and private sectors, including business, government, non-governmental organizations, donor organizations, local communities, consultants and volunteers;
- Knowledge and background in the customs and government organizations of Indonesia;
- Proven track record in writing/editing
- Willingness to travel and work long hours, including work in arduous field conditions, often to remote areas and work weekends and after hours as needed;
- Proven record of success as part of interdisciplinary project teams;
- Good communication skills and develop network;
- An advance in English (Speaking, Reading and Writing);
- Computer literate in words, graphic software, excel, and statistical software.
- Has experience in research, analysis, development and private sector
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours to meet deadlines as needed.