Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. We are currently looking to fill the following position for our office in Sorong, West Papua:
Raja Ampat MPA Finance Officer (RFO)
The purpose of the role is to ensure accurate and timely finance processing, reporting and monitoring of finance transactions, archiving of finance transactions/payment. This position is required to implement finance procedures in accordance with CI’s policies and procedures for accountable and reliable report. This position reports to Raja Ampat Senior Finance Officer.
- Verifies petty cash (PC) payment request to ensure compliance with CI’s financial management regulations with getting proper review and approval prior to disbursement.
- Records all PC transactions in PC log and conducts cash count at least twice a week to make sure that PC log agrees with the actual cash on hand.
- Prepare bank payment voucher on the non-PC payment request and checks the completeness of its supporting documents.
- Ensures all expenses are charged to the correct charging codes and has approval from the appropriate cost center manager
- Ensures CI’s procedure and Donor’s requirements are applied on all financial transaction.
- Enters all financial transactions (petty cash voucher, bank payment voucher, general ledger journal) into CI’s online accounting system on daily basis using the correct codes.
- Maintains the files of payment vouchers, general journal vouchers, financial reports, bank statements, reconciliations and other financial documents of Sorong office
- Handling monthly payment for community patrol, local supplies, etc and other related Pam MPA payment support
Qualifications and Educations:
- Min of two years of experience in Finance and Administration
- Effective in verbal and written communication and multi-tasking.
- Demonstrate detail focus, an ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and display good teamwork.
- Fluency in English (written) and Bahasa Indonesia (verbal and written)
- Computer skills with strong familiarity of word processing, spreadsheets, and database software
- Understands Indonesian Tax rules
- Experience with Non-Government Organization (NGO)
- Posses good knowledge of local cultural setting in Papua
- Working based is in Sorong with possibility of travel to MPA Sites and Waisai