Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. We are currently looking to fill the following position for our office in Sorong, West Papua:
Raja Ampat Finance Coordinator (R4-FC)
The incumbent is responsible to ensure a proper financial administration with an accurate and timely processing, reporting and monitoring the finance transactions of Raja Ampat and BHS (Bird’s Head Seascape) program. The Raja Ampat Finance Coordinator will work under direct supervision of the Marine Finance Manager and in close coordination with Marine Finance and Admin Coordinator and CII National Finance Manager. This position will supervise Finance Officer.
- Financial Payment and Report
- Verifies advance reports and travel/activity expenses report
- Financial entry data on journal voucher
- Prepare reconciliation for GL Account: Bank, petty cash, A/R and A/P within Raja Ampat Program
- Maintain Tax Data
- Ensures all expenses are charged to the correct charging codes
- Prepares reclass journal on entries that are incorrectly posted
- Ensures CI’s procedure and Donor’s requirements are applied on all financial transaction
- Ensures all payment are align with the workplan
- Supervise the Raja Ampat Finance Officer on banking transaction, petty cash management and document archive
- Ensures that Raja Ampat staff have enough knowledge of and are in compliance with financial management requirements
- Office Cash Flow and Budget
- Prepares the project monthly cash request according to the work plan
- Assists on project budget development
- Develops monthly Raja Ampat program budget monitoring
- External Grants Process and Archives
- Assists on reviewing Raja Ampat grantee’s report
- Archive financial document related grant financial report and journal voucher
- Other Significant Duties
- Ensures that all tasks are delivered smoothly, timely and accurately
- Coordinate with Marine Finance & Admin Coordinator and CII National Finance Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Management
Experiences & Skill:
- 3 years of experience in Finance and Administration.
- Effective in verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and
- Demonstrated detail focus, self-confidence and an ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia (verbal and written)
- Computer skills with strong familiarity of word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Able to develop budget and to monitor vs budget
- Understands Indonesian Tax rules.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Experience with Non-Government Organization (NGO)
- Solution oriented and possess conflict resolution skills
- Adaptability to varied working environments and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Experience in working with Business World program (web-based system)
- Possess good knowledge of local cultural setting in Papua