We are looking for an assiduous and communicative person who possesses an understanding of quantitative and qualitative research to join CISDI as a Public Health Research Associate. The selected candidate will contribute to manage some research projects and assist other research leads in conducting research.
Center for Indonesia’s Strategic Development Initiatives (CISDI) is a fast-growing civil society organization, focusing on healthcare systems strengthening as a necessity to ensure an equal, empowered, and prosperous society with a health paradigm. Strengthened by its staff capacity in public health, quantitative and qualitative research, policy analysis, human resources management, communication, and advocacy, CISDI optimizes its resources to become both the creator and implementer of health-related initiatives.
|Objective of the assignment|
|A public health research associate will work closely with the Research Division and be responsible for:|
(1) Supporting Research Manager in developing research work plans according to the needs of research division/projects;
(2) Managing research projects and primary data collections to meet objectives and deadlines;
(3) Designing a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods and tools;
(4) Analysing qualitative and quantitative data;
(5) Searching for and retrieving information from paper-based sources, the internet and online databases to support literature reviews;
(6) Preparing questionnaires, reports, papers, etc.
(7) And other duties deemed relevant by Research Manager
|Required skills and experience|
|(1) A Bachelor’s (with minimum working experience of 2 years) or Master’s degree in public health, preferably the one with a thorough understanding of epidemiology and biostatistics;|
(2) Intermediate knowledge and experiences in conducting quantitative research;
(3) Understanding and/or experiences of qualitative research is a privilege;
(4) Ability to conduct epidemiology modellings and familiarity with public health issues are preferred;
(5) Great competence of academic writing in English (and Bahasa);
(6) An advanced skill in statistical software (preferably STATA).