USAID Mitra Kunci Initiative
|Position||Provincial Project Coordinator (PPC)|
|Base of Operations||Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia|
|Original Level of Effort||1 Year with Possible Extended|
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transitioning countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. DAI, the contractor for the USAID Mitra Kunci Initiative, commenced implementation of the project in January 2017.
The Mitra Kunci Initiative is a five-year, $15 million, USAID-funded program implemented by DAI Global, LLC that will promote more inclusive economic growth by improving access to workforce and entrepreneurial skills for poor and vulnerable youth. The Mitra Kunci team will provide USAID project implementers and workforce stakeholders with technical support, connections, and platforms to help build a more robust and responsive workforce development ecosystem. In addition to management support, capacity building, and coordination, DAI’s technical assistance will include identifying, piloting, and scaling new workforce development approaches and innovations. The ultimate goal of USAID’s inclusive workforce development work is to connect 200,000 poor and vulnerable young Indonesians with learning and livelihood opportunities.
Task and Responsibilities:
The Provincial Project Coordinator (PPC) is responsible for leading a team of five staff members to support Mitra Kunci implementing the project’s Employment and Economic Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (PWD) activities. The activities will be implemented in seven (7) target districts across East Java Province. The PPC has two primary areas of tasks and responsibilities: Provincial Program Duties and Project Management and Operations Duties.
Provincial Program Duties:
- Oversee engagement and ensure effective relationships with districts and provincial governments, Mitra Kunci’s local partners at respective areas including but not limited to Disabled Persons Organization (DPOs), local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Higher Education Institutions, private sector and media to finding solutions to the challenge of creating formal and informal employment and entrepreneurship for PWD;
- Guide Cluster Facilitators in provision of technical support to Mitra Kunci’s local partners in the delivery and implement of Mitra Kunci supported interventions for Employment and Economic Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities at respected areas;
- Support Cluster Facilitators to implement activities including but not limited to: workshop/training, FGDs, event management, multi-stakeholders meeting, consultative meeting, interpersonal communication and community outreach;
Project Management and Operational Duties:
- Manage Mitra Kunci East Java project office and lead East Java office team, which includes three (3) Cluster Facilitators, Finance and Admin Officer, and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer;
- Oversee Monitoring and Evaluation Officer’s data collection from partners, in accordance with Mitra Kunci’s M&E Framework and project targets/indicators;
- Work closely with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and M&E team at Jakarta Office to report performance data from activities use the reporting templates;
- Assist team in developing and packaging communication and knowledge products according to agreed formats such as: lessons learned and best practices reports, human interest and success stories, short videos, etc.;
- Work collaboratively, openly and responsively with the East Java and Jakarta-based teams, providing and receiving support and inputs where necessary to ensure high quality and impactful interventions;
- Oversee all financial, administrative, procurement, and operational processes, ensuring accuracy and adherence to USAID, DAI, and GOI rules and standards;
- Lead financial and technical reporting efforts, in coordination with Cluster Facilitators, Finance and Admin Officer, and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, ensure timely submission of narrative and financial reporting from local partners, and submit in a timely manner to Jakarta office (for USAID and GOI reporting);
- Ensure regular and effective communication with Mitra Kunci team in Jakarta, among East Java team members, and with all partners;
- Experience in at least one of the following areas will be an advantage: Disabled Persons Organization (DPO), Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) with a focus on the inclusion of persons with disabilities (PWD), Positive Youth Development (PYD).
Other tasks relevant to fulfilling the objective of Mitra Kunci.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, social science, development studies, management, or other relevant fields;
- Has minimum 12 years of experience in community empowerment and development, economic empowerment, work with persons with disabilities, and/or other relevant areas
- Project management experience, including demonstrated planning, management, leadership, and supervisory skills required;
- Experience working and coordinating with government and local NGOs and/or DPO (Disabled Persons Organization);
- Proven experience in management of international donor projects; USAID experience is a significant advantage;
- Proven experience with financial management, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and communications required;
- Fluency in written and spoken Indonesian essential; strong English proficiency an advantage;
- Adaptive team player with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Manage and coordinate with Cluster Facilitators, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and Finance & Administration Officer when conducting activities.
Base of Operations:
- This position will be based in Surabaya, Indonesia with traveling to districts of working areas (Sidoarjo, Malang, Pasuruan, Jember, Banyuwangi and Situbondo) and Jakarta.
- Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) of Jakarta office.