Pugajinou International Consulting is seeking an Indonesian Provincial Program Manager (PM) for an anticipated opportunity with the USAID-funded Partnerships for Productivity (USAID PADU) Activity. USAID PADU is a five-year activity that started in 2022 and aims to enhance private sector investment in technical and vocational and education and training (TVET) institutions through partnerships with private sector firms and government-owned vocational training centers called Balai Latihan Kerja (BLKs). USAID PADU is working to facilitate and catalyze the establishment of partnerships to improve the capacity of BLKs to address skills gaps in the labor market and promote the implementation and utilization of tax deductions/incentives for the private sector. USAID PADU focuses on a systems level approach to increase the capacity of vocational training programs to produce graduates with market-driven skills, which will enhance their employability and productivity.
The PM will manage the provincial-based implementation of USAID PADU project dealing with strengthening private-public engagement and partnerships, strengthening institutional capacity of vocational training institutions, and support regulations in relation to incentives/ tax reductions for the private sector. The position will work closely with its reporting staff and directly with the primate contractor of USAID PADU.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the implementation of USAID PADU implementation plan at the province level, provide remote and in-person supervision to provincial team members, ensuring results orientation to meet key performance indicators, high quality results/products in time-sensitive manner.
- Lead province-based work planning efforts aligned with the institutional partner and USAID PADU practices that considers multiple levels of stakeholders and institutional level impact approaches.
- Lead province-based efforts in identifying, developing, and strengthening partnerships between the public and private sectors aligned with USAID PADU strategy and with shared-value proposition in TVET sector resulting in increased partnerships, private-sector investments, and utilization of tax incentives for TVET programming.
- Provide technical guidance/ support on TVET policies, curriculum development, TVET coordination and quality programming during consultations and engagements with national government ministries and other stakeholders.
- Lead technical and implementation support at province level in stakeholder mapping for partnership, public-private partnership analysis (potential/gap) of current arrangements in the TVET sector and identifying areas for improvement and developing action plans alongside the institutional partner.
- Conduct learning workshops with partners to share experiences across the project’s TVET initiatives and identify areas for improvement and/or adaptations.
- Collaborate directly with the prime contractor of USAID PADU to support the project monitoring, evaluation and learning aspects and reporting related to TVET capacity building.
- Develop and manage relationships with private sector partners, government officials, vocational training centres and other stakeholders involved in the project.
- Develop regular progress reports and other relevant documentation related to opportunities/challenges, financial reports, among others ensuring they are delivered on time, reflect impact, and per USAID PADU processes.
- Support project management with USAID reporting requirements and adhere to the project budget and the donor requirements.
- Provide support to USAID PADU learning agenda, best practices, and success stories of the project.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Public Policy, Business Administration, Economics, Human Resource Development, or relevant field. A bachelor’s degree with commensurate experience may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in project management in public-private partnerships, private sector engagement, TVET context, TVET institutional capacity development, governance, workforce development, youth employment, employment and/or entrepreneurship or a combination thereof that incorporates women, youth, or marginalized populations effectively.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID projects and its relevant policies and strategies such as private sector engagement, workforce development, positive youth development, among others.
- Advanced understanding of opportunities and challenges in successfully developing and implementing public-private partnerships in the TVET sector, and its respective public policy, regulatory framework, and tax incentives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams (remote and in-person), experience using and applying methods, tools (platforms, applications) and techniques for managing tasks and action plans to meet contractual obligations and identify and mitigate risks.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of simultaneous activities with orientation to results, and deliver high quality results/products in timely manner; and
- Strong organizational and planning skills, analytical and research skills, and ability to work effectively and efficiently with government officials, private sector partners, and other stakeholders.
- High degree of commitment, responsibility, organization, and punctuality.
- Fluency in oral and written Bahasa Indonesia and English required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office application packages like Excel, Word, or other customized project management software in a Windows PC environment.
- Willingness to frequently travel to target provinces and other strategic project sites.
The position is based in Jakarta, with frequent travel required to the project areas. The project will be executed in four provinces (East Java, Banten, North Sumatra, South Sulawesi) so that frequent travel to any of these provinces is envisaged.
Competitive with other international development organizations and dependent on experience and qualifications. The position is eligible for renewal on a yearly basis.
Please send application letter and latest CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pugajinou International Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender expression. We recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and intentionally strive for diversity and inclusion at all organizational levels.