In partnership with a Private Sector donor, Mercy Corps Indonesia will sustainably improve livelihoods of Intermediate Service Providers (ISPs) and their micro-enterprises because of accessing bundled services. In close consultation with the donor and the relevant government authorities, Mercy Corps Indonesia will help facilitate access to bundled services (input market, advisory, financial and output market services) business training, mentoring, and business development with a view to strengthening the institutional capacity of each ISP. Particular focus will be given to helping with business plans, building business leadership, financial management and marketing skills for each ISP so they can continue providing such services to other ISPs in the future. The program aims to help transform ISPs from yellow to green and where possible, to gold.
The Program Assistant will report to the Program Coordinator but will also be closely supporting the activities of the program team based in six locations (5 districts and city) in Riau province. The Program Assistant will carry out administrative, finance and procurement tasks, as well as, translating and documenting letters, training modules, field reports, meeting minutes, beneficiaries counting and filing.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Strategy and Vision
- Recognize opportunities for innovative action and suggest an environment where alternative viewpoints are encouraged;
- Follow direction by prioritizing and organizing related actions and resources to achieve objectives and contribute to program implementation;
- Develop and organize activities to secure resources for the program and build a relationship with internal departments to provide support.
- Support the Filed Programme Officers, Training Officers and Stakeholder Management Officer in organizing all logistics for program-related meetings, workshops, training, and or mentoring. This includes identifying venues for training and accommodation, materials, arranging snacks and meals, managing consultants’ contract, and other activities based on the Training and Mentoring Officer’s plan and guidance;
- Maintain the program filing and documentation system, including maps, photos documentation/ management and media monitoring files, field documents/ assessment, training materials/ modules, contracts, agreements and other administrative/ logistics documents in coordination with the Program Coordinator/ District team;
- Collect and catalog program resource materials;
- Support the Program Coordinator to prepare reports as required by the funder;
- On an as-needed basis, translate training materials/ modules and documents or provide oral translations from Bahasa Indonesia to English and vice versa for the program team and visitors;
- Support the program team in handling and following up the procurement needs, in accordance with the Field Procurement Policies and Procedures (FP3);
- Assist field staff, guests, donor visits and consultants in all administrative matters such as vehicle use, accommodations, and others, in coordination with the Operations Team;
- Assist in any other task or duty as assigned.
Finance and Compliance Management
- Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to program budget;
- Draft and/or review scope of work to hire and manage any technical consultants (trainers) or field assistant, including review for technical efficacy and contract budget.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps Indonesia as well as themselves.
- Code of Conduct: Adhere to MCI’s Code of Conduct. MCI team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs, and MCI’s policies, procedures, and values at all times;
- Accountability to beneficiaries: MCI team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of our field projects.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
The position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia and it requires travel to Riau.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Reports Directly To: Program Coordinator
Works Directly With: Project team in the six locations, Training and Mentoring Officer, Procurement, Finance, Operations, and HR team in Jakarta Office.
- University degree, preferably in social sciences, economics, rural development;
- 2+ years experience working in development programs with emphasis on economic development in rural setting (experience in training and mentoring programs for entrepreneurs or financial literacy would be an advantage). Prior experience in a similar role is required;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Computers skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Very good understanding in English and Bahasa Indonesia verbal and written communication skills.
Vacancy will be closed 15 November 2019 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia