In partnership with a Private Sector donor, Mercy Corps Indonesia will sustainably improve livelihoods of Intermediate Service Providers (ISPs) and their micro enterprises because of accessing bundled services. In close consultation with the donor and the relevant government authorities, Mercy Corps Indonesia will help facilitate access to bundled services (input market, advisory, financial and output market services) business training, mentoring, and business development with a view to strengthen institutional capacity of each ISP. Particular focus will be given to helping with business plans, building business leadership, financial management and marketing skills for each ISP so they can continue providing such services to other ISPs in the future. The programme aims to help transform ISPs from yellow to green and where possible, to gold.
MEL Officer – PROSIMEE
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer will report to the Program Coordinator, while keeping a matrix relationship with the MEL Coordinator to closely support the activities of the program team based in six locations (5 district and city) in Riau province. The Program Assistant will carry out administrative, finance and procurement tasks, as well as, translating and documenting letters, training modules, field reports, meeting minutes, beneficiaries counting and filing.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Collaborate closely with the Program Team and MEL Coordinator in developing and establishing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems that serve the needs of the program, including:
- Assist Programme Coordinator to create a more targeted shared value strategy and conduct a sequence of planning events, interspersed with research and data collection that will inform the development of ISPs particularly transitioning from micro enterprises to small enterprises.
- Conducts needed field assessments and data collection.
- Support the development, refinement, and implementation of the Program Monitoring Plan (PMP) for program activities, outputs, and outcomes, including appropriate methodologies and data collection frequency.
- Manage program data and files in accordance with the MCI standard filing structure in the Synology storage platform;
- Support in the program’s reporting requirements and contributes to donor reports and meetings
- Other duties as assigned by Programme Coordinator
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Documentation, Learning, Research AND Donor Reporting
- Work closely with the Programem Coordinator, and in coordination with MCI MEL Coordinator, to develop effective MEL Plan including; Result Framework, Logical Framework, Indicator Plan and best use of available technology solutions (Ona.io and TOLA);
- Ensure monitoring of project activities is on time, on target and on budget, using effective MEL systems to reach desired impacts in order to assess effectiveness and impact and propose recommendations for improvements;
- Ensure tracking of Program Participants’ Sex and Age Disaggregated Data (SADD), as well as its vulnerable people category;
- Ensure the use TOLA for indicator tracking and produce Actual versus Target (TVA) on a quarterly basis;
- Ensure the use of digital data collection platform, such as Ona, whenever possible and link it to TOLA;
- Ensure Program work plan and milestones are tracked and updated on quarterly basis.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain and promote program related knowledge management systems that capture top line program information, budget tracking, and beneficiary and stakeholder data among key program team members;
- Ensure program documentation is maintained and properly stored in MCI Data Center, as per PM@MC minimum standard;
- Ensure tracking of lessons learned which resulted by program and share it with relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinate closely with all project personnel, including partner staff, to ensure all objectives of the proposal and activities are met, and project outputs are clearly documented and results used to produce high-quality internal progress reports;
- Managing the reporting process including ensuring that reports (financial and narrative) are submitted on time (quarterly and annual reports) and of high quality.
Research and Learning:
- Organize periodic review of MEL data to inform program design/implementation strategies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Supervisory Responsibility : None
Reports Directly To: Programme Coordinator.
*The position holder is required to work closely with the MEL Coordinator
Works Directly With: Programme Coordinator, National M&E Coordinator, other Programme Managers with similar programming concepts, Administration and Finance, and the Local Government.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
The position is based in Jakarta and it requires up to (10-20 %) travel to project area.
Mercy Corps team members represent the agency both during and outside work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Possess a relevant university degree, especially Statistics or Mathematics degrees, and be familiar with research methodologies or have experience in project research;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in monitoring and evaluation, ideally in an NGO context.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, highly desired;
- Expertise and skills in development and implementation of M&E plans, assessments, baseline and endline surveys, evaluations, using quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Expertise and skills in analysis of collected data and compiling findings in clear and structured reports;
- Ability to work with computer programs typically used for data management, analysis and reporting, such as ONA/ODK/Enketo, Excel/SPSS/R;
- Strong analytical/logical thinking skills.
Vacancy will be closed 15 November 2019 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Yayasan Mercy Corps Indonesia