This job is a key project support for multiple projects within the organisation. The Analyst will work closely with project leads and directors to support prospective and current projects and will be actively engaged in data analysis and report drafting. There is plenty of opportunity for learning on the job from leading experts in the field.
Project Support (50%):
- Provide support to researchers, writer, designers, and consultants to arrange meetings and manage documents and drafts
- Manage references and document communication with partners, stakeholders and clients
- Identify key stakeholders according to specified parameters, develop and manage communications with stakeholders
- Support project pipeline and management of critical project dates
- Support periodic events including logistical arrangements, lining up speakers, marketing etc.
Data Analysis (35%):
- Gather literature on economic, political, environmental and social issues related to climate and environment, natural resources, gender equality etc.
- Provide inputs to draft documents by finding and analysing relevant data (e.g. statistics, lists of documents, relevant stakeholders) as directed by document lead
General Administration (15%):
- Provide basic English-Bahasa Indonesia and Bahasa Indonesia-English translation periodically
- Develop and maintain company document management systems
- Update Standard Operating Procedures as needed
- Support contracting as needed
- Support company registrations periodically
Time allocations are estimates only, and will vary from week to week and be subject to review periodically.
This position is for between 30-40 hours per week. Candidates may propose between this range and will not have any advantage or disadvantage due to their proposal. The employment contract will be for 12 months.
The salary range for this position will be paid in Indonesian Rupiah. The base range will be Rp. 7,809,000 to 8,723,000 per month (gross/kotor pro-rata) (level P1). The rate offered will depend on each candidate’s qualifications and experience relevant to the positions. The position holder will have 20 days of vacation + the national holidays per year (pro-rated) and 13th month salary (THR). As a small company, Dala does not offer the facilities of medical insurance or pensions beyond the mandatory requirements of BPJS Kesehatan and Ketenagakerjaan. In lieu of these benefits, employees may claim ⅔ of private medical and pension plan premiums up to Rp 10,000.000 per year on receipt.
This position is home-based anywhere in Indonesia. Note that the home-based nature is not because of COVID-19 and will be home-based for the duration of this contract.
Working hours are flexible, however, Dala employees are expected to be available for meetings and communications during normal working hours Monday to Friday.
The contract will be subject to renewal annually. The first contract will be subject to a three-month probationary period.
Successful candidates are expected to supply their own equipment and facilities required for work: computer, internet connection and mobile phone. The operating costs of these facilities will be accounted for in the agreed upon salary.
The suitable candidate will have the following attributes:
- At least 4 years of professional experience in an organisation dealing with environment and/or development issues
- Bachelor (S1) degree (Masters (S2) preferred) in a field related to development, the environment, economics, politics or other social science.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven experience working with high-ranking professionals
- Quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Experience supporting document drafting to high standard
- Familiarity with a wide range of software applications for business productivity
- Professionally proficient in English
- A flexible approach to work.
- Comfort with learning by doing.
- Ability to manage time when given direction by multiple managers.
- Curiosity to learn new things and ways of working.
- Enthusiasm to work in a team, and the ability to take initiative on her/his own.
- A positive attitude toward work with a disdain for gossip, large egos, and undermining the work of colleagues.
- Experience in multicultural work environment
- Experience working remotely or freelance
This position is only open to candidates who have the existing legal right to work in Indonesia. The Dala Institute will not sponsor work or stay permits in Indonesia.
Dala is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family composition, religion, physical characteristics, medical condition, race or ethnicity.
A note on COVID-19: This position is home-based and therefore does not have any special COVID-19 caveats. If any activities are required outside the home or involving travel, they will only be approved after careful scrutiny for Dala’s strict COVID-19 protocols.
How to Apply
- Salary Offer Rp. 7,809,000 to 8,723,000 per month (gross/kotor pro-rata) + benefits