The Project Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will report to the Project Manager and lead M&E activities for a project entitled “‘Leaving No One Behind’ COVID-19 Responses for Vulnerable Women and Older Persons in Indonesia”. The M&E Officer will ensure results-based project development and management and knowledge management.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Project Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer primary responsibility is to ensure that the project produces and the results specified in the project, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. S/he will lead the monitoring and evaluation duties on the Project to ensure results-based project development and management and knowledge management. S/he is also expected to work closely with implementing partners to support their M&E activities.
Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute to preparation and formulation of the project documents required for the implementation of the project, including project descriptions, work plans and budgets;
- Assist to develop SRH, GBV, Social Protection (Older Person, Persons with Disabilities, People living with HIV) monitoring and evaluation framework in consultation within UNFPA M&E Analyst, SRH and GBV Specialists, related Implementing Partners and related stakeholders
- Based on the framework develop simple and user category wise monitoring format and its guidelines to be used in the monitoring process
- Support the Project Manager along with technical officers (SRHiE, GBViE, Social Protection, Data) to implement the M&E framework, guidelines and other tools
- Assists in the preparation of periodic progress report on UNFPA activities;
- Assist the Project Manager to prepare annual monitoring and evaluation plan in consistency with M&E Framework
- Assists in the evaluation of progress made by on-going activities.
- Collaborate with Communication and Knowledge Management Officer in ensuring communication and visibility of the project, including generating website articles and publications
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- In collaboration with Project Manager and technical officers, assist in backstopping the implementation of the overall monitoring and evaluation mechanisms in the Project at both activity and output levels.
- Assist the Project Manager to develop and modify recording and reporting templates (M&E Dashboard) and formats that meet the donor reporting requirement
- Organize capacity building training to project staff to minimize M&E capacity gaps among project staff
- Closely work with the Project Manager and UNFPA GIS and Humanitarian Data Programme Analyst and assist Implementing partner to compile periodic progress data, to compile monthly, trimester and annual progress reports as required using the Management Information System (MIS) data
- Assist in the dissemination of information about results and ‘lessons learned’ of continuous monitoring exercises.
- Under Project Manager’s supervision, lead the development of the final report, summarizing the project activities and their impact, at the end of the Project
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree (preferable) or Bachelor’s degree in health, population, demography and/or social sciences.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years (Master’s degree) or 6 years (Bachelor’s degree) of professional experience in the field of programme/project planning, management and monitoring/evaluation.
- Substantive knowledge and experience in population, reproductive and sexual health, youth and gender programming.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Proficiency in current computer office software applications, including database packages.
- Experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Ability to lead the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results.
- Promoting accountability and results-based management.
- Promoting organizational learning and knowledge sharing,
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.