ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Under the supervision of the Regional Programs Manager Asia (Environment), the Project Manager is responsible for the management and implementation of the forthcoming project – Strengthening Transparency in Infrastructure Development through Environmental Reporting in Southeast Asia (STRIDES). In addition, this position will also contribute to the strategic design and management of the environmental program of Internews in the Asia Pacific region.
Key responsibilities will include project management, budget monitoring, donor reporting, staff management, and administrative and logistical support, business development and additional responsibilities as needed by the Internews team. Regular travel in the Asia Pacific region will be required.
The position will be open to those with the right to work in Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and Cambodia..
This is a limited-duration position, with an expected end date of September 2025.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
Note: This position is contingent upon receipt of funding and donor approval.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Lead the management of STRIDES project, including implementation of activities, grant management, support to and coordination with partners, work planning, coordination with Internews’ teams especially the Asia and Earth Journalism Network (EJN) teams, monitoring and evaluation of project’s deliverables and outcomes, budget monitoring and communications with partners and funders.
- Lead donor and internal reporting efforts.
- Assist with assessments, surveys, events and other project deliverables as needed.
- Coordinate collaboration and information flow with other departments within Internews and from external partners.
- Assist in preparation of proposals/reports/budgets; write, edit, proof, revise and assemble finished materials and maintain calendar of due dates.
- Contribute content for Internews’ EJN website as well as social media channels and newsletters.
- Provide support on new project development, research, and implementation of activities related to environmental programming in the Asia Pacific region.
- Represent Internews at conferences and events when needed.
- Supervise a Project Assistant, consultants hired for the project, and any other staff as assigned.
- Carry out programmatic, administrative, logistical and book-keeping duties including:
- Work with Grants & Contracts, Sub Grants Coordinator and other staff to administer grants and stipends;
- Work with Internews People and Culture team as well as EJN Grant and Finance Officer to administer Personal Service Contracts;
- Coordinate travel logistics and arrangements, with support from the Project Assistant/Program Associate; and
- Maintain systematic documentation of project reports, financial tracking and progress towards project deliverables.
- Fulfill other tasks as assigned by the Regional Programs Manager Asia.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant prior experience, including at least 5 years of programmatic experience in international development; experience in a media development or environmental organization a significant plus.
- Relevant university degree required.
- Excellent English communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening. Fluency in an additional Southeast Asian language a significant plus.
- Project management, financial and administrative experience, including project planning and monitoring, budget analysis and preparation.
- Experience living or working in the Asia Pacific region essential.
- Willingness to travel within the Asia Pacific region.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to set priorities, meet tight deadlines, manage multiple assignments and time effectively.
- Project development and grant proposal writing experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant qualifications and experience to IDfirstname.lastname@example.org include “Project Manager – STRIDES” in the email subject line. Application deadline is October 6th, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.