UCLG ASPAC is the largest regional section of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), an amalgamation of International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), United Towns Organisation (UTO), and World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS). UCLG was established on 1 January 2004 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Following this unification, UCLG ASPAC was established in Taipei on 14 April 2004, as the new entity of IULA ASPAC. UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia Pacific region.
UCLG ASPAC’s mission is: 1) to promote strong and effective democratic local self-government throughout the region/world by fostering unity and cooperation among members, 2) to ensure the effective political representation of local government to the UN and other international communities, 3) to be the worldwide source of key information on local government, learning, exchange, and capacity building to support democratic local governments and their associations, 4) to promote economic, social, cultural, vocational and environmental development by enhancing the services to the citizens based on good governance, 5) to promote race and gender equality, combating discrimination, promoting decentralised cooperation and international cooperation between local governments and their associations, and 6) to promote twinning and partnership between local governments and peoples.
UCLG ASPAC is implementing the Phase II of the Regional and Local Municipal Sanitation Advocacy in South Asia Project, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The project primary outcomes are to:
- Demonstrate innovation on SDG 6.2 measurement by mobilizing cities in South Asia;
- Document the Municipal-led investment for CWIS and FSM in South Asia; and
- Ensure SDG 6.2 are mainstreamed into the regional agenda through advocacy, knowledge exchange and joint activities among municipalities in the Asia-Pacific region
Thus, UCLG ASPAC is seeking a qualified Project Manager which is based at UCLG ASPAC Regional Secretariat Office in Jakarta. The Project Manager will be responsible to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of the day-to-day project’s’ implementation. S/he will covers all substantive and administrative matters and the functioning of the project from the beginning to end, including projects’ inception and activities, annual and quarterly planning and reporting, and implementation of projects, reviews, and closure.
Scope of Work/Key Duties:
- To be responsible on the delivery of the projects’ objectives within time and allocated resources and budgets;
- To ensure a well-coordination with donor agencies and related partners/institutions in multiple countries in the Asia and the Pacific region;
- To establish network and facilitate cross learnings amongst cities local governments at regional level;
- To be responsible in project execution with the strategy, mission, culture and ethics of the organisation;
- To identify the projects’ issues, find innovative solutions and approaches and ensure the exit strategies for sustainability;
- To lead the projects’ team members with positive motivation and energise their internal talents;
- To take part in promoting UCLG ASPAC.
For more details please click here
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, CV, and its supporting documents (copy or link of academic and professional certifications to email@example.com, copied to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only selected ones will be contacted.