The Project Manager is responsible for leading the implementation of multiple projects related to natural resource management, poverty reduction and community development. The roles include developing project proposals, developing project implementation timelines, implementing project activities, and project monitoring as well as reporting.
Institut Penelitian Inovasi Bumi (INOBU) is an independent, non-profit Indonesian research institute. Through innovative research, policy analysis, technology and alliance-building, INOBU seeks to improve public policies and strengthen civil society to sustainably manage Indonesia’s natural resources and agricultural production systems, throughout the life-cycle of products. INOBU is staffed by leading Indonesian researchers in the fields of environmental policy, law, economics and spatial analysis. INOBU actively engages government, civil society and communities in the design and dissemination of the results of their research and innovation.
INOBU currently manages several projects, financed mostly by international donors, related to sustainable agricultural commodity production and conservation. We are currently assisting more than 1,500 oil palm farmers to obtain ISPO/RSPO certification in Central Kalimantan. Similar work is ongoing in West Papua where we focus on empowering indigenous nutmeg farmers. Our work also focuses on building technological solutions for improving government processes and systems. Recently, we also embarked on a jurisdictional-level conservation program. As a project manager, you will have the opportunity to manage one of the many aforementioned projects. Specifically, you will:
• Lead the development of proposals to be submitted to various donors;
• Implement project activities including developing project budgets and timelines and carrying out project activities in close collaboration with other units;
• Monitoring project deliverables and preparing project reports; and
• Maintain relationships with donor partners.
Ideally, the candidate will have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Agronomy, Natural Resource Management or Development (or similar qualifications);
• At least five years of experience in project implementation, including at least two years in a management role;
• Fluency in Indonesian and English;
• A proven track record in developing project proposals, timelines and budgets; and
• Experience supervising a team of staff.
Interested candidates should submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter explaining about how they match the above requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denpasar – Bali
The candidate should be an Indonesian citizen or have the right to live and work in Indonesia. Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.