The Project Manager will lead the team and develop AP2HI’s work in line with AP2HI’s strategy and corporate targets, ensure that all projects are delivered on-time within scope and within budget, and will contribute to further strengthening the financial viability of the organization. The Project Manager is responsible for Reporting and escalate to the Managing Director as needed and also Creating, Maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
Responsibilities and Activities, include:
- Works with AP2HI Managing Director and AP2HI Board of Directors to develop five years strategy and plan
- Develop annual work plan and budget for project implementation
- Develop Proposal and Terms of References of project
- Works with AP2HI Managing Director for staff recruitment
- Overseeing, leading and managing existing AP2HI projects (and associated staff and consultants).
- Building relationships (alongside other AP2HI staff) with existing AP2HI members – and potential new members – to deepen and broaden AP2HI’s supply chain engagement.
Project Evaluation and Reporting
- Develop monitoring and evaluation tools for project implementation
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation for implemented projects
- Develop staff performance evaluation tools
- Conduct staff performance evaluation
- Report on the result of project monitoring and evaluation
- Report on staff performance
- Annual report of project implementation (technical report)
- Representing AP2HI at national and international fora, acting as an ambassador for our Mission and work – and as a public spokesperson where necessary.
Desired Expertise, Skills and Qualities include:
- Understanding of, and a commitment to, the mission of AP2HI.
- Bachelor degree with minimum 5 years experiences in a similar organization or a company involved in the tuna fisheries.
- A very good understanding of seafood supply chains, including knowledge of seafood traceability, especially in the tuna sector, is beneficial.
- A good understanding of tuna sustainability issues.
- Excellent Bahasa Indonesia and English written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate with a range of audiences including fishers, science, corporate, NGO and government partners.
- Additional language skills will be an added advantage.
- A positive attitude and superior inter-personal skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Proven results from previous positions
- An appreciation of – and sensitivity to – different cultures and norms.
- Computer literacy and willingness to use new IT tools.