Position Title: Project Manager
Type: Service Contract
Closing date: 7 March 2021
Link to VA*: https://erecruit.partneragencies.org/psc/UNDPP1HRE/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=35545&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
*should you have problem in accessing the link, please clear/change your internet browser.
The Project Manager will manage a project entitled “‘Leaving No One Behind’ COVID-19 Responses for Vulnerable Women and Older Persons in Indonesia”. S/he will report to the Assistant Representative and will lead the planning and delivery of the project under daily coordination with Humanitarian Programme Analysts.
The Project Manager will have the authority to manage the project on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the Implementing Partners, within the policy and regulations laid down by the UNFPA. The Project Manager’s prime responsibility is to ensure that the project produces the results specified in the project document, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Project Implementation and Management Support;
- Provide Strategic Partnerships with IPs, BAPPENAS as Government Coordinating Agency (GCA), the donor and UNFPA.
- Facilitate knowledge building and management.
- Ensures effective Project Implementation and Management Support,through project planning, management, monitoring and oversight, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implement and manage the project on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the implementing partners.
- Ensure the timely delivery of planned project activities.
- Coordinate and supervise other members/consultants of the project team in carrying out their duties at an optimum level through ensuring efficient and effective resource utilization.
- Prepare annual/quarter results-based work plans and budgets, risks and management response and logical frameworks as endorsed by the implementing partner and steering committee.
- Prepare quarterly implementation status and financial reports for comments and approval by the Implementing Partners and UNFPA CO.
- Prepare / facilitate the conduct of annual Performance Report (APR)/ Project Implementation Review (PIR), Mid-term and terminal Project Reports.
- Brief and consult with senior management on project progress and provide information and advice as required to contribute to the Country Office initiatives.
- Creation of Strategic Partnerships and Alliancefor project implementation, particularly:
- Coordinate project objectives and activities with local partners, assuring the projects are efficiently integrated with other efforts.
- Oversee the development of communication strategies with national stakeholders and donors.
- Follow in-country developments, trends and institutional frameworks and identify implications for advocacy, communication, promotion and fundraising.
- Harmonize reporting and accounting practices of IPs including programme results, budgeting and financial key performance indicators.
- Coordinate activities and exchange information/ideas with others in UNFPA, Government of Japan, and other relevant stakeholders
- Manage the overall strategic direction and provide leadership on local development initiatives.
- Facilitate learning and experience sharing for all relevant partners, in line with the project document.
- Provide technical guidance to project staff and ensure technical support to counterparts and partners.
- Building Knowledge and Capacitythrough results-based management strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Document lessons learned and best practices in the area of community stabilization, local development and resilience.
- Promote a knowledge sharing and learning culture among program staff and other implementing partners at all levels.
- Evaluation of the project impact. Monitoring and analysis of the project environment, timely readjustments in project implementation.
- Provide any other necessary support in coaching, guidance for the project staff that will boost their capacity to deliver results.
- Ensure all the implementing partners and UNFPA to follow Project Guidance Note on Communication and Visibility and ensure the visibility of the project, stakeholders, and donors through communication efforts including press releases and events.
- Ensure quality control for knowledge products to be developed and applied within the project.
- Perform other relevant duties, as requested by the direct supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health, gender, social work, and/or related discipline.
- A project/programme management certification would be an advantage.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in project management, including programme design, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting, and capacity building
- Experience and knowledge on Sexual Reproductive Health, Gender-Based Violence, or Social Protection
- Experience in implementing humanitarian programmes is an asset.
- Experience in setting priorities, budgets, work plans, participating in programme development and writing;
- Experience in leading team(s) effectively
- Fluency in oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Proficiency in current computer office software applications.
- Exemplifying integrity
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
• Embracing diversity in all its forms
• Embracing changeCore Competencies:
- Achieving Results
• Being Accountable
• Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
• Thinking analytically and Strategically
• Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
• Communicating for Impact
- Ability to lead the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results.
- Providing strategic focus,
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.