Join an important and exciting project developing a fellowship program for Indonesian early-career researchers with The Conversation Indonesia.
The Conversation Indonesia is a non-profit media organisation that produces and shares evidence-based news and analysis from academics and researchers on our online platform, social media channels, and through podcasts and email newsletters. All of our content is free to read and republish. We provide training for academics to increase their capacity to become a public voice. We share knowledge from the research sector to the public to improve public debate and to promote the use of evidence in policymaking in Indonesia and the region.
Founded in 2017, we are part of a global network spread across five continents that provides a new journalism model, a unique collaboration between academics and journalists sustained through partnerships with the higher education and research sector, private philanthropy, governments, corporations and with support from readers.
Reporting to The Conversation Indonesia’s Executive Editor, the Project Manager will manage the development and planning of a fellowship program for early-career researchers, the development of the program’s communication strategy and plan as well as sponsorship development strategy and plan.
Other key relationships include The Conversation Indonesia’s Fellowship Development Consultant, Project Assistant, Fellowship Advisory Board, Head of Training, Communication Consultant, Business Development & Partnership Manager, Audience Development Manager, Finance & Operations Officer, the Indonesian higher education and research sector and other funders.
This position is a fixed term of six months with a possibility of extension.
Project Management and Reporting
- In collaboration with the Fellowship Development Consultant manage the design and creation process to develop a fellowship program, with its implementation and monitoring and evaluation plan.
- In collaboration with the Communication Consultant manage the development of the program’s communication strategy, sponsorship strategy, implementation plans, and success metrics.
- Organise, coordinate, and monitor the progress of all activities to ensure project goals and objectives are met on time and on budget.
- Support the Fellowship Development Consultant to develop, complete and finalise all fellowship development project deliverables.
- Support the Communication Consultant, in consultation with the Audience Development Manager to develop all communication strategy project deliverables.
- Support the Communication Consultant, in consultation with the Business Development Manager to develop all sponsorship strategy project deliverables.
- Report on project activities and learnings to the Executive Editor and Donor.
- In collaboration with the Executive Editor, Board, Fellowship Development Consultant, Head of Training, set up a fellowship advisory board to provide regular input and advice throughout the design and creation process of the fellowship program.
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders, potential partners and donors.
- Engage and coordinate with resource persons.
- Ensure and maintain effective and on-going communication with individuals and groups involved directly or indirectly with the project.
- Manage and track budget spending, ensuring efficient spending against agreed budget targets.
- In conjunction with the Finance & Operation Officer, establish a budget to implement the fellowship program, including promotion, sponsorship engagement, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Creative, Lateral and Strategic thinking
- Leadership skills
- Highly organised
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Project management
- Project planning and budgeting
- Facilitation and group processes
At least 7 years experience in project management and program development in international development agencies, non-governmental organisations, and/or research centres. Experience in training and development is highly desirable. Network in the higher education or research sector and a Masters degree in public policy or development studies are pluses.
This vacancy is open for Indonesian nationals. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.