The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
The project ‘Domestic Resource Mobilization for Sustainable Development’ (DRM) has been commissioned by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) with a value of up to 6.000.000 EUR and an implementation period until January 2023.
The Objective of the project is as follows: “The conditions for financing the national implementation of the Agenda 2030 are improved in the area of fiscal policy and tax administration”.
The Project applies a multi stakeholder and multi-level approach, based on the Indonesian priorities for domestic revenue mobilization and the structures set up for this purpose. The main implementing partners are Fiscal Policy Agency (Badan Kebijakan Fiskal, BKF) and Directorate General of Taxes, DG Taxes (Direktorat Jenderal Pajak, DJP).
Four Intervention Areas of the project have been jointly identified, as follow:
- Further strengthening the capacities of BKF to improve fiscal policy formulation and carry out impact analysis of governement revenue policy in line with the Agenda 2030, through evaluating Income Tax and VAT, conducting tax gap analysis and exploring new revenue sources.
- Strengthening the capacities of BKF to evaluate and develop more comprehensive and better targeting subsidy policies, as well as fiscal incentive programs for energy efficiency and low carbon economy.
- Improving the validity and accuracy of the taxpayer database as prerequisite for a new IT system by conducting a problem analysis with regards to the taxpayer database, developing criteria and processes for cleansing the database, and developing an IT-based solution to migrate the existing database solution to migrate the existing database into a new database for the purposes of the future Core Tax System.
- Strengthening DG Tax organization to enhance tax compliance and supporting the improvement in the efficiency and the risk-based selection of tax audits.
The main responsibilities of the Project Management Professional should include, but not limited, to the following five areas:
- Project Management support – implementation of project management aspects of DRM program (planning, coordinating, controlling, reporting, monitoring and evaluation);
- Knowledge Management – set up knowledge management (project repository database, data mining, project documentations, reports, events, presentations, workshops, meetings, etc) according to GIZ policy, tools, software/ application and methodology, align with project offer, result matrix, Plan of Operational and ad hoc requests;
- Support coordination internal within GIZ – Support in coordination and collaboration within the DRM project, between DRM and other GIZ projects (in-country and global projects), as well as with various related units in GIZ Headquarter (FMB, contract and procurement department, etc.);
- Communication and outreach to stakeholders – Supporting communication, outreach and cooperation between DRM and the counterparts/partners, consultants, experts, stakeholders, public and media (including publications, events, etc.);
- Focal person for gender, SDG and other cross-cutting issues – Support the project as the focal person for gender, SDG and other cross cutting issues as required by GIZ and counterpart, including the development of strategies, technical concepts, studies, activities, reports, presentation and documentation.
The job holder performs the following tasks:
The Project Management Professional should perform the following tasks:
- Project Management Support
- Supports the Principal Advisor and other team members in carrying out project management tasks, incl. technical tasks, administrative tasks and financial tasks (work plan, budget planning, accounting, controlling, contract, etc.);
- Coordinates with DRM Advisors related to project activities in cooperation with the counterparts/partners, both with regards to the technical implementation, as well as financial and administration m aspects;
- Supports the Project Management in handling order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. proposal preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting).
- Knowledge Management
- Set-up knowledge management system (project repository database, data mining, project documentations, reports, events, presentations, workshops, meetings, etc.) according to GIZ policy, tools, software/ application and methodology, align with project offer, result matrix, Plan of Operational and ad hoc requests:
- Prepares documents like slide presentations, fact sheets, papers, and writes minutes of meetings, notes, etc. for the preparation and documentation of meetings and events;
- Maintains the knowledge management system (file server), database and project documentation tools using the Microsoft Teams (GIZ standard project documentation software/application);
- Ensures that all relevant documents are available and uploaded timely into the DMS (Data-Management System of GIZ) and the project server and application;
- Supports and assists in providing data and information required by the project whenever possible and needed;
- Ensures that all relevant reports, analysis, studies, researches and other documentations are available to the project team and partners as needed;
- Support coordination internal within GIZ
- Supports on coordination and collaboration within the DRM project, among the four intervention areas led respectively by an Advisor;
- Capitalizes the features and capabilities of Microsoft Teams software/applications as standard GIZ project documentation for effective communication and coordination among the project team members as well as with counterparts and partners;
- Supports DRM Advisors and facilitates the coordination and potential collaboration between DRM and other in-country and global GIZ projects;
- Maintains close coordination with various related units in GIZ Headquarter (FMB, contract and procurement department, etc.) who involved and assisted DRM;
- Communication and Outreach
- Develops DRM communication, marketing and acquisition materials based on the result matrix, project outputs, documents, data and information;
- Supports the establishment of networks and platforms with national and international stakeholders;
- Develops working links, including exchange of information and coordinated activities, with relevant actors, stakeholders and public sectors, as well as other organizations, including other GIZ projects in-country and global.
- Encourages sharing ideas and information for the development of new business opportunity (cooperation) with other organizations;
- Integrates results and experiences into the project team and makes it available to all relevant projects/groups;
- Maintains a good communication and relationship with counterparts and partners; government, consultants, experts, other country and global projects, headquarter, and stakeholders;
- Advises project team on all communication matters related to publications and events;
- Takes responsibility for the quality assurance of outputs in terms of format and language quality;
- Provides counterparts and partners with products and publications from the project including support to uploading of publications to the counterparts/partners websites.
- Focal Person for gender, SDG and other cross-cutting issues
- Coordinates all gender-specific activities, SDG related and other cross-cutting issues of the DRM project;
- Supports the gender, SDG and other cross-cutting issues focal person of GIZ Indonesia in country-wide gender activities;
- Supports and promotes the concrete inclusion/mainstreaming of gender, SDG and other cross-cutting topics in the activities of the project and its four intervention areas;
- Shares information on related gender, SDG and other cross-cutting issues to other project team;
- Produces communication, outreach and marketing materials (films, handouts, others) needed to share information on gender, SDG and other cross-cutting topics in DRM.
- Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks given by the Principal Advisor;
- Carries out tasks relevant for DRM and the project, which may not be explicitly mentioned in the job description.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
Advance university degree (preferable master’s degree) in Project Management, economics, social science, environmental, or another related subject.
- minimum 10 years of professional experience in a comparable position in Project Management, monitoring evaluation, other related roles
- knowledge of works with international donors in Indonesian
- extensive and high-level advisory experience in advising management
- understanding of key policy issues related to Agenda 2030 on SDGs
Other knowledge, additional competencies:
- excellent analytical, interpersonal, communications and report writing skills
- advance English language skills
- proficiency in user-related ITC-technologies
- demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a team
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on February 19th, 2020
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: DRM – PMP
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.