The Project Management Associate will report to the Project Manager and support the design, planning, and management of the project entitled “‘Leaving No One Behind’ COVID-19 Responses for Vulnerable Women and Older Persons in Indonesia”. S/he is also expected to work closely with implementing partners (IPs) of the Project to support their financial programme management activities.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Project Management Associate will support the design, planning, and management of the above-mentioned project by managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations. This post will apply established systems and procedures and assist in the creation of knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing relevant information, developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with procedures.
S/he is also expected to work closely with implementing partners (IPs) of the Project to support their financial programme management activities.
Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participating in the formulation, implementation and monitoring project documents and work plans and preparing tables and financial monitoring data;
- Supporting the implementation of projects activities, managing project budgets, monitoring projects expenditure; monitoring compliance of programme and financial reports (Annual project report, Quarterly financial report/FACE and Workplan Progress Report); follow up audit recommendations;
- Assisting in programme formulation and work-plan creation in GPS, maintain and update project profiles, including progress reports and work plan review in compliance with programme implementation guidelines;
- Collating project related information and procurement needs; support project personnel in their work plans, monitor and follow-up with implementing partners on submission of progress and financial reports (eFACE);
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation of project activities, establishing ways to assess achievement and recommending corrective action as required; conducting field visits; participating in review meetings and evaluation missions.
- Guiding the implementation of the assigned project in coordination with national counterparts and project personnel at national and sub-national levels.
- Providing logistical support to projects by coordinating project-related meetings, workshops and events.
- Training and guiding project personnel and Implementing Partner’s staff on UNFPA National Execution Guideline / Pedoman Umum and UNFPA related programme management and financial policies and procedures.
- Supporting effective communication between UNFPA staff at Country Office, Project Personnel, Implementing Partners and related stakeholders. Assisting with organizing and conducting donor meetings and public information events, including preparing relevant background material for these events.
- Develop and monitor the financial programme management, consultancy management and provide monthly monitoring and coaching with related financial staff in MOH, NCVAW, MOWECP, BNPB, Bappenas, Yayasan Kerti Praja, Fatayat NU, DoctorSHARE, IBI, and FKM UI.
- Closely work with Logistics Associate on procurement, logistics management system and dashboard management.
- Perform other humanitarian response activities as required by the supervisors.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the supervisors or UNFPA Representative.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business/public administration, finance, management and/or related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum 5 (five) years of relevant experience in programme/project management.
- Ability to liaise and affiliate with the Government, Donors, NGOs working in the area of SRH, gender, and humanitarian programmes.
- Experience working with women’s organization and humanitarian organization/ network is an advantage.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft/ATLAS system is preferable
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.