The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in Indonesia since 1975 on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Indonesia faces major challenges in mobilising domestic resources for its continued sustainable development. Despite steady economic growth averaging 5.6%, the average rate of taxation over the last five years has been extremely low compared to other countries, at just 11%. Overall, the conditions in place for financing the national implementation of the 2030 Agenda in the areas of fiscal policy and tax administration are insufficient. Based on this scenario, the Indonesian and German Governments have agreed to collaborate in the framework of the project ‘Domestic Resource Mobilization for Sustainable Development’ (DRM) in order to address some of the described challenges in the spirit of the global development partnership between the two countries.
The objective of this Indonesian-German project DRM is as follows: The conditions for financing the national implementation of the 2030 Agenda in the areas of fiscal policy and tax administration have improved.
The project operates at the national level and focuses on four fields of activity:
- the capacities of the Indonesian Fiscal Policy Agency, FPA (or Badan Kebijakan Fiskal, BKF) to draft tax legislation and to assess the impacts thereof are strengthened in line with the 2030 Agenda;
- the capacities of FPA/BKF to develop and evaluate subsidy and fiscal incentive programmes are strengthened in line with the 2030 Agenda.
- the necessary conditions to improve the validity of the tax register are created by Directorate General of Tax (or Direktorat Jenderal Pajak, DJP), and
- the capacities of the tax authorities (DJP) to improve tax compliance are strengthened.
The German contribution to DRM is up to 7.500.000 EUR and the timespan to achieve the jointly defined objective and outputs is four years. The project was supposed to be launched in the second half of 2017, but the implementation was delayed until May 2019 due to administrative challenges regarding the related diplomatic notes between Indonesia and Germany
The main responsibility of the Administrative Professional shall include, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Provide project and finance administration supports in the implementation of the project activities
- Assist and arrange procurement (tender) process, bidding documents and technical evaluations
- Provide contract administration support related to the project consultants and contractors
- Monitor project/contract progress and review administration documents concerning project progress
- Identify issues on project/finance/contract admin and propose solution to the Principal Advisor
- Assist and follow-up internal control procedures for project
- Maintain communication and cooperation with counterparts, country office, in close supervision from Project Advisors
- Propose inputs to project management in term of project/finance/contract administration.
- Perform administrative procedures for preparing bidding documents and arranging procurement/tender process
- Procurement/tender process – assists on coordination between the DRM project and GIZ Country Office of Indonesia (COI) in term of the preparing and arranging procurement/bidding processes for STEs, consultants, contractors and vendors
- Bidding documents – supports Project Advisors in preparation of bidding documents including Service Request, TOR, description of the service and deliverables, deadlines, specification of inputs and deliverables (including number of working days and budget), and other related documents needed for project to launch tender/bid
- Q&A and technical evaluation – assists Project Advisors in preparing answers for Q&A and technical evaluation/assessment as well as preparation of any technical justification needed.
- Perform contract administration and conduct contract monitoring
- Contract administration – preparation and monitoring of the contract administration (for STE, consultants/contractors, vendors), including communication and coordination with them and following up contractual matters.
- Contract monitoring – monitor contracted third parties according to agreed activities, deliverables and payment schedules as stated in ToR, to be documented and reported in DRM weekly meeting
- Contractual issue/matter – following up monitoring process, propose alternate solutions for resolving any contractual issue/matter
- Perform finance administration and payment procedures required for supporting project
- Tax exemption – coordinate with counterparts (BKF and DG Taxes) and related units/staff in COI in getting tax exemption approval for payment purpose
- Payment processing – issuing contract payment for STE/consultants/contractors/vendors through coordination with COI staff and Project Advisors in according to contract and payment procedures
- Finance admin – ensure all finance admin and procedures are strictly followed by the project
- Disbursement plan and realization – prepare disbursement plan and monitor its realization as well as propose suggestion in meeting up the target
- Assist Internal Control and handing-over (BAST) procedures
- GIZ internal control – assist COI in conducting internal control procedures for the project and following up their recommendations
- Governance and compliance – ensure the project follow all governance and compliance rules and procedures as stipulated in GIZ and Government of Indonesia (GOI) related regulations
- BAST (handing-over) – ensurethe project will follow handing-over (BAST) procedures as regulated by GOI and GIZ policy and regulations
- Other additional duties/tasks
- Project admin – assist on project admin and operational activities such as project planning, budget preparation/analysis, presentations, esentations related project activities in term of project, finance and contract admin
- GIZ Corporate Social Responsibility (CSH) – assist and support CSH societal pillar program and activities
- Other duties/tasks – subject to directions from Principal Advisor and Project Advisors may be allocated additional tasks/duties as necessary.
- Collaboration, knowledge management and information dissemination
- Close collaboration – develop and maintain close cooperation and collaboration with all implementing partners (counterparts), project team and COI staff
- Information exchanges – ensure information exchanges happening smoothly and constructively between DRM project, counterparts and COI
- Information dissemination – ensure all documentations and information are uploaded in DMS (Document Management System) and disseminated to the relevant parties internally within GIZ
- Knowledge management – ensure all project deliverables/outputs are filed systematically and ready to be capitalized for any capacity building session
- Master’s degree in economics, finance, accounting, business administration, or management.
- The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Project finance administration
- Procurement policy and procedures
- Accounting and internal audit/control
- Contract administration
- Knowledge management
- Working experiences related international donors, or DRM are of advantage
- Good working knowledge on related financial spreadsheets and applications (MS Office)
- Very good communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia, including speaking and writing
- 10 years working experience in project finance, procurement, contract admin (monitoring) and internal control
- Insight into the International Development Cooperation and working with government agency
- Experience in project management setting, coordination and organization
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Focused, proactive and positive working attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners
- Aware of social and intercultural sensitivities, flexible and possess a sense of diplomacy
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: As soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: DRM Principle Advisor
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on December 10th, 2021
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: DRM – PFS
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.