The Project Finance Assistant will report to the Project Manager and CO Finance Associate ensuring full compliance with UNFPA rules and regulations and other relevant policies on financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system in the implementation of the project entitled “‘Leaving No One Behind’ COVID-19 Responses for Vulnerable Women and Older Persons in Indonesia”.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Project Finance Assistant will report to the Project Manager and Finance Associate and will provide programmatic, secretarial, administrative, logistical and financial support in the implementation of the project activities ensuring full compliance of program and financial processes with UN/ UNFPA rules and guidelines.
Summary of key functions:
- Support to the implementation of project/operations strategies
- Finance and budget support.
- Administrative and procurement support
Provides support for the implementation of project/operations strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of information for formulation of work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements and execution modalities
- Responsible for preparation of work plan meetings, project review meetings and other relevant meetings drafting minutes of meetings and providing any other necessary logistical support to such activities.
- Manage correspondence with relevant partners, maintain office filing system and assist in archiving (in country-office filing system iDocs), and maintaining up-to-date electronic mailing lists; and prepare necessary documentation such as agreements, contracts, notes to the file for the relevant transaction
- Ensure optimal communication flows within the unit and with the entire UNFPA Indonesia Country Office, regional offices and external counterparts, through effective use of written, verbal and electronic communication.
- Support the National Programme Associate in following up with implementation partners for the timely submission of quarterly financial and programme reports
- Carrying out any other duties as may be required by the supervisor or UNFPA Representative
Provides effective finance and budget support focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, preparation of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NEX/DEX projects; processing of PO and non-PO vouchers for development projects
- Review the financial reports submitted by the Implementing Partners, i.e. journal, ledger and FACE form.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of the reports. Promptly inform the Finance Associate for any discrepancies or unreconciled items.
- Ensure that operational and financial project closure is in line with UNFPA programming guidelines and National Implementation (NEX) procedures
- Compile, summarize, and present basic information/data on the Project.
Provides administrative and procurement support focusing on achievement of the following results:
- In consultation with the Operations unit, provide logistical and administrative support and financial arrangements for meetings and workshops organized by the Project Team.
- Make travel arrangements, manage administrative files on the personnel’s mission travels/mission reports; and responsible for the preparation and updating of the travel plans for project personnel.
- Support the National Logistics Associate in activities related to the team’s procurement and logistics. Raise requisition in Atlas and obtain approval and ensure budget checked valid and liaise with the Operations team for sourcing to PO no later than 10th day of the next month.
- In close collaboration with the operations team, follow up any administrative matters entering the relevant requisition facilitating the release of payments. Review the accuracy and completeness of invoice and supporting documents and prepare the payment request (PRC) through Aodocs workflow.
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files; keep track of contractual agreements. Verify claims for accuracy and conformance with procurement rules and regulations
- Assist the National Logistics Associate in inventory management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma (3 years) is required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Public Administration or similar discipline is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years (bachelor’s degree) or 5 years (diploma) of professional experience in administration, accounting, finance or office management.
- Sound understanding of programme management, monitoring and evaluation is desirable
- Previous experience and knowledge of protocol in the United Nations is an advantage
- Fluency in oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Proficiency in current computer office software applications.
- Good knowledge of Atlas/ PeopleSoft is an asset
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results.
- Managing the organization’s financial resources
- Providing administration and procurement services
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.