The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in Indonesia since 1975. The programme “Clean, Affordable and Secure Energy for Southeast Asia” (CASE) aims to drive change in the power sector in Southeast Asia (SEA) towards increased ambitions about climate change. It focuses on the four main SEA countries Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam and includes both national and regional activities. It is funded by the International Climate Initiative (IKI), under the German Federal Ministry for the Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK), with an implementation period until 2027. Composed of a wide range of organisations and driven by strong regional cohesion and network, CASE will propose evidence-based solutions to the challenges met by decision makers and build societal support around those solutions. CASE will directly contribute to the transition of the power sector towards an innovative, economically successful and environmentally friendly model for SEA. Overall, the CASE programme consists of five components:
- Output 1: Sustainable Energy related research
- Output 2: Transparency and stakeholder mapping
- Output 3: Stakeholder dialogue and action
- Output 4: Technical assistance to strengthen energy stakeholder capacities.
- Output 5: Sustainable energy communication across public
In Indonesia, the CASE programme is implemented through GIZ Indonesia, together with the Institute of Essential Service Reform (IESR) and supported by the international consortium partners. The political partner for Indonesia is the Ministry of National Development Planning (Bappenas). To support implementation of the programme in Indonesia, we seek one (1) motivated and qualified Indonesian candidate for this position.
The main responsibility of the Project Coordinator shall include, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Under the Project Manager and Senior Advisor, ensuring overall project coordination of CASE including management of jour fixe and team schedules, progress tracking and reporting, event coordination and project documentation
- Develop strong project management and coordination strategy in the context of a Consortium implemented project and its execution.
- Maintain project planning, monitoring and reporting tools and make sure indicator tracking is up to date.
- Liaising with relevant advisors to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Facilitate internal meetings for project monitoring and reporting.
- Facilitate communication with the project political partner the Ministry of National Development Planning, consortium partner in Indonesia, other consortium institutions, especially with regards to project planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Ensure consistency of knowledge product formats and proper documentation in related filing system
- Prepare, organize, and facilitate events through contracting, event organizer liaison, preparation and collection of events materials.
- Project coordination and management
- Coordinate annual operational planning and tracking of progress, developing a system to work with the team to allow good management of progress
- Support activity level planning and control
- Be responsible for project reporting in close consultation, both for the Indonesian and German donors, with other advisors, project partners, and/or implementing agencies.
- Evaluate the alignment of activities carried out by CASE with CASE programme’s indicators and support input provisions to CASE’s Result-Based Monitoring (RBM) tool.
- Prepare, moderate, and document regular consortium team meetings on regional level, as well as country steering meetings on national level.
- Develop and update the relevant templates for project planning, monitoring, and budgeting.
- Maintaining well the GIZ informal knowledge management platform IDA system and manage the digital platform “onsite operations”
- Maintain documentation of project results by reviewing other documents concerning the progress of collaborative programs
- Support coordination between regional team’s monitoring and evaluation focal points and CASE advisors.
- Support contract and tender preparation, in close tandem with advisors and administrative specialists, and manage large framework contracts through close monitoring, documenting and consultant follow-up
- Information collection and knowledge management
- Compile the relevant information needed for activities and assignments, such as for reports, studies and knowledge tools.
- Maintaining the relevant information into clear structure of sharing folder and MS teams filing system.
- Maintain the project knowledge management system (SharePoint) and ensure that all relevant documents are available and uploaded to DMS (Data-Management System of GIZ).
- Ensure format consistency in knowledge products and coordinate with the communications team for the development of publicly accessible products.
- Prepare event evaluation reports and post-event analysis.
- Assist technical advisors in utilizing data and information in the context of activity implementation and policy recommendations to project’s counterparts.
3. Stakeholder outreach and engagement
- Collect inputs and continuously update the stakeholder mapping for the energy sector in Indonesia that will feed into an online stakeholder and activity mapping database.
- Work closely with the Consortium partners IESR, as well as international partners agora and NCI
- Coordinate and support CASE team members to collect and provide inputs from the energy stakeholders in Indonesia to the regional knowledge platform.
- Facilitate exchange and support CASE team in identifying potential cooperation with consortium partners, other GIZ projects, and government partners on the utilization of data and information of related activities.
- Support the Project Manager to maintain contacts, and foster dialogue with key national stakeholders such as consortium partners, Indonesian ministries, private sector, Associations, Media, other donors.
- Manage the meeting agenda with relevant stakeholders, write the Minute of meetings, and contribute to the follow up.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of the Project Manager and Senior Advisor.
- Contribute actively to a good working climate and teamwork within the project, the consortium and across the GIZ energy programme.
- Share proactively information about the project with other relevant projects (within and outside of GIZ), seek synergies across activities, and follow a cooperative approach across the larger energy programme.
- Collaborating effectively with the communication team on developing project communication template, logos, and tools; as well as maintaining the communication activities related with SIPET, IKI newsletter, GIZ buzz, energy news, etc.
- University / Master’s Degree in social sciences, management/economics, energy/environment, administration, or any area that is related to the project objectives.
- at least three (3) years of professional experience in/with governmental and/or regional/ international implementing organizations in the field of sustainable energy / climate change mitigation / clean energy finance / sustainable development goals.
- Previous experience in working in international teams and managing environmental/energy projects is an asset.
- At least 2 years’ experience in project management / coordination, preferably in an international setting
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and ability to liaise and communicate effectively with governments.
- Prior experience in the clean energy and climate-related sector in Indonesia is an advantage.
- Very good communication skills with national stakeholders and experience in working in an international organization.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge about sustainable energy including the global discourse about the energy transition, overview of various energy technologies, as well as climate and energy policy making processes.
- Very good knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Working knowledge of German and or EU is an asset
- Willingness to improve skill as required by the tasks to be performed –corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Focused and proactive working attitude.
- Strong organisational competence with good communication and coordination skills.
- A willingness to travel (abroad) when required.
- Availability to follow the code of conduct of the organization.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: as soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: Project Manager of CASE’s Project
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references) as attachments to email@example.com by May 30th, 2023, as attachments with subject line CASE – Project Coordinator.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.