Open to Internal and External Candidates
| Position Title|
Type of Appointment
|Project Assistant II (Community Engagement)|
Emergencies & Community Stabilization Unit
General Service Staff, Grade G5
Special Short Term Contract for 6 (six) months, with the possibility of extension (the first three months shall be considered as probation period)
|Estimated Start Date||:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||:||11 January 2018|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
The Project “Supporting the Sustainability of Community Policing in Papua, Papua Barat and Maluku” contributes towards the effective implementation and long-term sustainability of the Indonesian National Police Strategy on Community Policing. IOM will specifically focus on building the capacities of the INP and target communities to ensure human rights-based community policing at the local level will enhance police-community relations. A major focus will be on ensuring the strategy is sustainable as the IOM gradually withdraws support.
The 24-month project implementation is grounded in the achievements of the previous project ‘Supporting Community Policing Efforts in Tanah Papua and Maluku’ and the findings of a baseline survey that will be conducted during inception phase. The project Implementation Team, in close coordination with communities and other project beneficiaries will ensure community policing forums are sustainable through community engagement and advocacy strategies.
The incumbent will be working under the guidance and direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator and overall supervision of the Project Manager.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Maintain relationships with NGOs, local leaders and other project stakeholders from Provincial or District, Sub-District and village level communities to ensure their continued support and engagement with the INPs community policing strategy.
- With the National Project Coordinator, contribute to the development of plans into project activities.
- Liaise with INP at provincial and district level to coordinate proper implementation of project activities through close collaboration with National Project Coordinator.
- Organize training sessions, workshops, communication platforms as well as all activities related to “Supporting the Sustainability of Community Policing in Papua, Papua Barat and Maluku” project, including cascade trainings, workshops or community policing forums in pilot project areas.
- Implement field activities and organize events and meetings as per agreed plans and in close coordination with relevant stakeholders. Regularly update the National Project Coordinator or Consultants on the progress of project activities.
- Assist consultants and evaluators whom conduct baseline/end line surveys, training needs assessments or other study activities, in coordination with National Project Coordinator and partner agency.
- Prepare and submit project activity and progress reports in a timely manner.
- In coordination with National Project Coordinator, actively support the monitoring of project activities, achievements and impact at provincial, district and sub district level.
- In coordination with Jakarta team, prepare estimated budgets for project activities and ensure the timely submission of expenditure reports.
- Represent the project in meetings with INP, Government of Indonesia or Community at district or sub-district level as necessary.
- Prepare minutes of meetings and draft letters as necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Social Studies, Community Development, Law, Program Management with three years of relevant work experience in any of these fields, or;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five (5) years of relevant professional experience.
- Indonesian National with good knowledge of, and experience in project implementation and operations.
- Progressive experience in the same position or working with Capacity Building project.
- Experience working in humanitarian organizations or foreign funded organization is preferable.
- Proficient in computer applications, particularly MS Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and work effectively in a team.
- Strong coordination and liaison skills.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- a) Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism; b) Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders; c) Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly; d) Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management; e) Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; f) Displays mastery of subject matter; g) Contributes to a collegial team environment; i) Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation; j) Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; k) Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Effectively applies knowledge of migration issues within organizational context.
- Correctly frames migration issues within their regional, global, and political context.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, security clearance and verification of education certificate.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.