The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
Indonesia’s impressive socio-economic development over the past two decades has brought with it a substantial negative impact on the environment. The continuing lack of urban infrastructure leads to widespread congestion, excessive pressure on electricity and water supplies and causes significant environmental impacts and further increased emissions due to pollution in urban areas. The profound need for further policy reforms and increased investment in urban infrastructure to improve the provision of public services, reduce pollution and reduce CO² emissions will be medium-term development plan for the years 2020-2024.
Against this background, the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the Indonesian Ministry for National Development Planning (BAPPENAS) have launched the Indonesian – German Green Infrastructure Initiative (GII), based on the results of the bilateral Government Negotiations on 01.and 02. 10.2019. As part of the initiative, an additional EUR 2.5 billion will be made available for subsidized loans via the German Development Bank (KfW) for investments to promote environment- and/or climate-relevant infrastructure in Indonesia (Urban Public Transport, Solid Waste Management, Water and Wastewater Management). GIZ has been commissioned by BMZ with the implementation of the project Green Infrastructure Development (GID) as a Technical Cooperation assignment complimentary to the Financial Cooperation. In this context, the project aims to strengthen the Indonesian Government’s approach to the coherent identification and development of investment projects in the fields of support for the Indonesian – German Green Infrastructure Initiative.
To support implementation of GII in Indonesia, we seek one (1) motivated and qualified Indonesian candidate for: Project Assistant (Based in Surabaya)
- Support mainly, but not limited to Provincial Advisor, also the GID team members as necessary on the implementation of the GII project by, among others: developing TOR of activities and field works, assisting in preparing quarterly and annual reports, assisting in ensuring all GII activities delivered and meet the deadline.
- Support the GII team in liaison with multi-stakeholders at the local level: government and non-government agencies
- Support both the projects and the counterparts on key elements of document management and knowledge management
- Support counterparts and GID team in event planning and execution, publication management, and media relations
- Assist with preparation of presentations, proposals, reports.
- Assist with reviewing and providing comments on proposals and reports from consultants (expeditor, technical)
- Support the documentation of GII activities in the respective province
General administration and management:
- Provide support to GID project team on substantive/technical matters related to Solid Waste Management, Water and Wastewater Management and Urban Public Transport in EAST Java.
- Provide support to GID project team on administrative procedures to ensure activities are implemented efficiently and in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations
- Provide support to events arrangement (such as workshops) for GID project in coordination with GID Admin and Finance Professional.
- Provide support to ensure GID working space at the province level is a safe and efficient working environment and comply with GIZ health and safety protocols.
- Support to carry out activities or work in the field according to the direction of the Provincial Advisor
- Support documentation of GII events and activities (photos, videos) and develop multimedia products such as but not limited to photo collage, short video, videographic from the materials.
- Ensure minutes, activity status updates or any internal coordination documents of GID/GII internal are well-stored and accessible for everyone
- Support the Provincial Advisor and GID team in managing and maintaining the project portfolio within GIZ and with project partners/stakeholders (e.g., partner newsletter, project page, etc.)
- Assist the Provincial Advisor and GID team in managing and maintaining database of contacts from our counterparts at the respective province
- Assist the Provincial Advisor in managing main counterpart’s expectations through effective communication
- Manage main counterpart’s expectation through good communication
- Contribute to the overall activities of the team and the projects as required.
- Support relevant project team members in achieving milestones of the projects, both in GII and GID
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line supervisor.
- Actively contribute to a positive working environment and teamwork in the GII project
- University degree in relevant fields, e.g., spatial and regional planning, environmental engineer, transportation management, development studies, social sciences, or relevant studies
- Based in Surabaya, EAST Java
- At least 1 year of experience in the field of sustainable infrastructure and/or understanding/knowledge about the EAST Java challenges in sustainable Solid Waste Management, Waste and Waste-water Management, and Urban Public Transportation (other relevant development project is an advantage)
- At least 1 (one) year of experience working in development project with tasks including coordination and maintain relationship with counterparts, event organizing, and social media management.
- At least 1 (one) year of experience working with Government’s Affairs related to national state, provincial, or city/regencies’ officials
- Able to travel to cities/regencies in East Java and have excellent knowledge about the desired locations
- Practical working experience in development related projects/initiatives, preferably with hands-on experience in projects management
- Working experiences with transportation agency and civil society in the field of public transportation in East Java preferred
- Strong project management skills (proven experiences as project officer in handling events such as workshop/conferences)
- Able to write articles, social media content, or other forms of communication products (e.g., press release or articles, talking points, minutes, both in English and Indonesia
- Able to work under pressure and tight schedule
- Good user knowledge of ITC technologies (related software) and computer applications e.g., practical MS Office applications, presentation software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, conveying messages to different audiences (experienced in community engagement is preferred)
- Willingness to improve or acquire new skills as required by the tasks to be performed
- Excellent in international communications skills (as for engaging in local, national and international cooperation)
Duty Station: Surabaya
Joining Date: ASAP
Direct Supervisor: Senior Advisor, in coordination with Provincial Advisor
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to email@example.com by February 1st, 2023 with subject line GID PA (EJ)
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.