Join an important and exciting project developing a fellowship program for Indonesian early-career researchers with The Conversation Indonesia.
The Conversation Indonesia is a non-profit media organisation that produces and shares evidence-based news and analysis from academics and researchers on our online platform, social media channels, and through podcasts and email newsletters. All of our content is free to read and republish. We provide training for academics to increase their capacity to become a public voice. We share knowledge from the research sector to the public to improve public debate and to promote the use of evidence in policymaking in Indonesia and the region.
Founded in 2017, we are part of a global network spread across five continents that provides a new journalism model, a unique collaboration between academics and journalists sustained through partnerships with the higher education and research sector, private philanthropy, governments, corporations and with support from readers.
Reporting to The Conversation Indonesia’s Executive Editor and the Project Manager, the Project Assistant will provide support in managing the development and planning of a fellowship program for early-career researchers, the program’s communication strategy and plan as well as sponsorship development strategy and plan.
Other key relationships include The Conversation Indonesia’s Fellowship Development Consultant, Fellowship Advisory Board, Head of Training, Communication Consultant, Business Development & Partnership Manager, Audience Development Manager, Finance & Operations Officer, the Indonesian higher education and research sector and other funders.
This position is a fixed term of six months with a possibility of extension.
- Assist the Project Manager in the execution of the project.
- Assist the Project Manager in organising, coordinating, and monitoring the progress of all activities to ensure project goals and objectives are met on time and budget.
- Carry out daily administrative and operational tasks in an effective and timely manner.
- Help problem-solve issues and suggest ways to improve the project.
- Organise, file, and maintain all current project documents.
- Assist the Project Manager in facilitating communications between all stakeholders of the project, scheduling meetings, phone calls, etc.
- Track and directly report project status updates to project manager.
- Highly organised
- Great time management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Indonesian
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving
- Self-starter who works well independently and under pressure
- Proficient in computer programs and familiar with project management software
- Project Management
Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of working experience. A degree in business administration or management is a plus.
This vacancy is open to Indonesian nationals. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.