The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
Since 2013, GIZ and the International Placement Services (Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung, ZAV) of the German Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit, BA) cooperate in the joint programme “Triple Win” for the recruitment of nurses from third countries for placement of work in Germany.
In Indonesia, the annual number of graduate nurses surpasses the domestic demand on the labour market, and Indonesian nurses show interest in a career abroad. While in Germany, the nursing sector is facing a significant shortage of nurses, which is projected to still grow in the future. According to expert estimates, the nursing sector will need 150,000 new nurses by 2025.
In July 2021, the Indonesian Migrant Workers Protection Board of the Republic of Indonesia (BP2MI) and the Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit, BA) have forged an agreement on the Placement and Protection of Indonesian Health Professional in the Federal Republic of Germany. The objective is to establish a safe, orderly and regular mechanism for the recruitment and placement of Indonesian nurses for work in Germany. The placement agreement will be implemented in cooperation with BP2MI through the “Triple Win” programme.
Part of the implementation of the programme in Indonesia is to support the nurses with information surrounding the health system, nursing profession, nursing theory, concept dan model in Germany etc. This information shall be delivered to the nurses in form of nursing courses prior to the nurse’s departure to Germany.
GIZ is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
(Job Title in SAP: Vocational Training and Labour Market’s Advisor)
Responsibilities, but is not limited to:
Facilitating the cooperation with different partners (e.g., BP2MI, German embassy, language institute and/or other academic institutions, etc.) in Indonesia to create an environment that is conducive to development and facilitates labour migration and recruitment from abroad.
The incumbent will be mainly responsible for the organization and coordination of the language preparation courses for the nurses prior to their placement in Germany, preparation of the nurse’s recognition process and coordinate with the Advisor Coordinator on all tasks related the project activities.
- In close coordination with the senior advisor (coordinator) and the project manager Triple Win in Germany, setting up and planning project implementation especially for the language preparation courses and maintaining a good flow of information between all stakeholders for effective project implementation.
- Coordination of the nurse’s pre-selection interview, language placement test and monitoring on-going language courses/classes include regular entry update in the web based Triple Win database
- Provide day to day assistance to the nurses in regard to their enrollment to the language courses and exams
- Coordination with the language course provider for overall organisation of the language courses
- Organizing of potential visits from Germany (ZAV, German employers, others), including scheduling appointments and logistical preparations.
- Preparing and monitoring the nurse documentation in regard to their recognition process and coordinate with the recognition team at the Triple Win Germany
- Preparing other meetings, info session, and workshops, including scouting of location, preparation of documents for distribution, confirmation of attendance of participants.
- Performing other administrative tasks relevant to the project goals
- Participating in task teams and other corporate entrepreneurial or strategy-linked endeavours.
- networks and cooperates with partner institutions and other relevant stakeholders (including non-governmental agencies, research institutes and other programmes/projects) to maintain good working relationships and to cooperate towards the programme’s objectives.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- University Degree in social sciences, law, communication, nursing, migration, business administration or related field
- At least 4 years’ experience in general office work, recruitment and/or similar position.
- Strong management, organizational, communication and social skills.
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power-point).
- Ability to cooperate constructively and reliably with candidates and stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail and an ability to work under pressure and in difficult situations.
- Performance orientation and competence in organising own work.
- Ability to act in a politically sensitive way that is appropriate in the given context.
- Good command of English; knowledge of German language is an advantage.
Duty Station: Bandung
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Senior Advisor (Coordinator) Triple Win Indonesia and Project Manager Triple Win in GIZ Eschborn
Please submit your motivation letter, comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references) to email@example.com by September 25th, 2022, with subject line Triple Win – Project Advisor.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified