The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
Since 2013, GIZ and the International Placement Services (Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung, ZAV) of the German Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit, BA) cooperate in the joint project “Triple Win” for the recruitment of nurses from third countries for placement of work in Germany.
In Indonesia, the annual number of graduate nurses surpasses the domestic demand on the labour market, and Indonesian nurses show interest in a career abroad. While in Germany, the nursing sector is facing a significant shortage of nurses, which is projected to still grow in the future. According to expert estimates, the nursing sector will need 150,000 new nurses by 2025.
In July 2021, the Indonesian Migrant Workers Protection Board of the Republic of Indonesia (BP2MI) and the Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit, BA) have forged an agreement on the Placement and Protection of Indonesian Health Professional in the Federal Republic of Germany. The objective is to establish a safe, orderly and regular mechanism for the recruitment and placement of Indonesian nurses for work in Germany. The placement agreement will be implemented in cooperation with BP2MI through the “Triple Win” project. The focus province will be West Java.
Establishing and further developing cooperation with different partners (e.g. BP2MI and provincial government of West Java, German embassy, language institute and/or other academic institutions, etc.) in Indonesia to create an environment that is conducive to development and facilitates labour migration and recruitment from abroad.
- In close coordination with the team leader Programme Migration and Diaspora, GIZ Indonesia and the project manager Triple Win in Germany, setting up and planning project implementation together with the corresponding employment agency and Triple Win Germany (GIZ and ZAV); managing day-to-day operation and maintaining a good flow of information between all stakeholders for effective project implementation.
- Supporting and monitoring of Triple Win job advertisements and shortlisting of applicants.
- Organising the interviews, language courses and a preparatory technical course in Indonesia.
- Providing guidance on processes and requirements to candidates during their language and technical preparation; assisting with visa and recognition applications and travel arrangements.
- Representing the project at meetings or events with employers, partners, the German Embassy or other national or international organisations.
- Coordinating the work of the junior project coordinator.
- University Degree in social sciences, migration, business administration or related field.
- At least four years of experience in project coordinating and management in an international context; experience working with GIZ is an advantage.
- Sound knowledge in the area of migration and international cooperation; knowledge of the Indonesian nursing sector.
- Languages: Bahasa Indonesia and English; German language skills are an advantage.
- Strong management, organizational, communication and social skills.
- Very good command of the usual MS office and internet applications.
- Ready to travel regularly to the focus province West Java; occasional travel to Germany may be required.
Duty Station: Jakarta with regular travel to Bandung
Direct Supervisor: Team leader Programme Migration and Diaspora”, GIZ Indonesia / Project manager Triple Win, GIZ Eschborn
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 5th October 2021.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: Triple Win – PA.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.