MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Leading the seamless PMU team to effectively deliver their roles in bridging the Research Themes with the Management Support Unit;
• Communicating research findings and impacts for outreach;
• Managing resource mobilization and research activities to effectively use the resources with high accountability;
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General duties and responsibilities:
• Oversees project management cycles to meet with governance and accountability standard of the centre;
• Leads the programme branding, knowledge management, communications and outreach in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization;
• Manages resource mobilization activities, including developing and maintaining donor interactions;
• Ensures the effectiveness of the PMU operations and the alignment of PMU strategies with the country programme under the direction of the Country Coordinator.
Project management (40%)
• Establish and maintain a high-level communication with donors, potential donors, partners and stakeholders;
• Initiate, lead or participate in programme- and project- related meetings with public and private sectors, including making presentations to key stakeholders;
• Lead project officers in project management and regularly coordinate with project leaders, Research Theme Leaders, Management Team and Country Coordinator;
• Identify funding opportunities, establish contacts and networks, develop ideas of new projects with the country team, and manage resource mobilization activities according to the Centre’s policy and workflow;
• Contribute to strategic thinking and lead the branding and communication strategy within the country programme;
• Manage the human resources and other resources within the unit, and identifies the roadmap to develop PMU as an effective project management unit.
Impact evaluation (10%)
• Identify key potential strategic impacts of the country programme and design of the impact evaluation;
• Mobilize resources to conduct the strategic impact evaluation;
• Review and synthesize project reports, finding, events that are strategic to be publicized wider together with scientists and Themes Leaders.
Branding & communication (30%)
• Review and establish communications strategies, including strategic events and messages, to reach targeted audiences for branding and to achieve bigger impacts, in collaboration with the communication officer and the regional communication specialist, and lead the implementation of the strategy;
• Develop public relation strategies with broad audiences to increase ICRAF visibility and oversee its implementation.
• Ensure the effective knowledge management according to the standards, guidelines and procedures of the Centre;
• Oversee the adherence of country office to internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT.