Purpose/Key Objectives of the Job
OPM is a global organisation whose mission is to work for a fairer world. Fundamental to this is delivering successful projects, meeting our end clients’ needs and our own internal commitments. OPM is keen to further develop the ‘fit-for-purpose’ Project Management capability needed to deliver consistently successful projects regardless of size or complexity.
The purpose of this role is to:
- To support the delivery of the Low Carbon Development Initiative Phase 2 (LCDI2) Programme implemented by OPM, by ensuring efficient running of the Programme office, covering relevant areas of the operational section such as Finance & Operations.
Key objectives include:
- Provide finance and operational support for LCDI2: be responsible for day-to-day programme related tasks under the supervision of the Deputy Programme Director, who is ultimately responsible for the delivery of the programme. Supervise Finance & Operations Officer (FOO) as required.
Provide finance and operational support including, but not limited to the following areas:
- Ensure programme team is carrying out programme activities in line with Programme Manual and Guidelines
- Manage and monitor daily LCDI2 programme activities related to finance, operations and tax.
- Liaise with programme team to make sure the payment processes are in line with terms and conditions, as well as with OPM rules and regulations.
- Ensure local national regulations are being adhered to
- Monitor and ensure advances are settled in a timely manner.
- Support programme procurement processes, sourcing of suppliers, call of quotations, manage and build a good business relationship with all external suppliers to get good services.
- Support the process to obtain Due Diligence clearance for suppliers and subcontractors.
- Be responsible for any programme audits, should they arise
Finance and Taxation
- Review all invoices, bills and expenses claims received from suppliers, staff and external consultants for correctness, completeness and compliance.
- Review Prepare Payment Authorisation Forms (PAF) of all programme related payments within the agreed timeline upon receipt of invoice, obtaining approvals and schedule the payments in due course. Ensure appropriate tax is deducted.
- Make sure all programme expenses and receipts are scanned and saved in the relevant folders.
- Check and review the payment request template submitted by FOO with accurate coding and meeting deadline.
- Verify and approve payment transaction in banking system including the supporting documents and files to the bank approvers.
- Ensure the programme complies with Indonesian financial reporting and tax regulation, in consultation with the in-country Finance team.
- Provide advice on tax matters and/or implications before signing contract and/or issuing PO to suppliers.
- Prepare tax summary and supporting documents; and send to Country Finance for payment and reporting.
- Prepare budget for in-country programme activities and track the spending against the budget and submit to DPD.
- Support DPD in meeting the client’s forecast.
- Co-ordinate with consortium partners as and when required.
Logistics and Operations Support
- Manage and coordinate organising of workshops, seminars and training events as informed by the Programme Manager.
- Provide logistical support, including reviewing security requirements, arranging flights & hotels, transfers and any other transport that may be required given security needs.
- Support visa applications where appropriate.
- Make sure that both domestic and international travels arrangement for the programme team and consultants are in conjunction with Spearfish and OPM’s security and travel policies. Ensure all the in-country travellers for the programme have followed the travel security process prior to the travel taking place.
- Maintain assets register of programme assets.
- Obtain necessary documents for programme and office teams as necessary.
Job Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Pre-existing right to work in Indonesia, based in Jakarta or in its vicinity (no relocation payments available).
- Bachelor’s degree (S1) in accounting is a must.
- Tax certificate brevet A&B is advantageous.
- Have minimum of 5 years’ experience on handling finance, accounting and tax administrative; and office management & logistical tasks, such as reserving flights and accommodation, finding and liaising with vendors, etc.
- Sound knowledge of accounting and finance principles, tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of monthly tax returns.
- Familiarity with commercial process in developing budget is preferred.
- Experience in handling tax software/platform and ERP/finance system.
- Willingness to work on a tight schedule and meet essential deadlines, and across different time zones.
- Excellent numeracy, computer skills especially on Microsoft Excel skill is a must and knowledge on usage of web-based software is beneficial.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High quality work delivery and direct implementation of operations and finances, with key attention to details and accuracy.
- Good English language skills, both spoken and written and know how to communicate well within a team.
- Enthusiasm, drive, presence and self-motivation.
- Ability to work co-operatively and confidently with all stakeholders and with people at all levels.
- Must possess good attitude and ethical behaviours in dealing with all stakeholders.
How to Apply
Please click this linkto apply https://widgets.recruitive.com/OxfordPolicy/Jobs/Details/103177. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Oxford Policy Management is committed to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion at every level of the business.