Job ID : 15948
Job Title : Programme Associate for Youth and ASRH and HIV, Jakarta-Indonesia
Level : SC6 (SB3)
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Contract Type : Service Contract
Duration : 1 Year with possibility of extension
Closing Date : 14 February 2024
Link to Apply:
Link to the UNFPA vacancy: https://indonesia.unfpa.org/en/vacancies
PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY IS ONLY OPEN FOR NATIONALS OF INDONESIA
The Programme Associate supports the design, planning and management of UNFPA’s country programme by managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations.
You will report to the Programme Analyst Youth and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) and Programme Analyst HIV
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high-impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, and exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You will play an instrumental role in facilitating UNFPA’s country programme and project implementation, supporting design, planning and management, in the areas of Youth and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) and HIV.
You will apply established systems and procedures and assist in the creation of knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing relevant information, developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with procedures.
You would be responsible for:
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Representative and direct supervision of the Programme Analyst for Youth and ASRH and in coordination with the Programme Analyst of HIV at the UNFPA Country Office, the NPA for Youth and ASRH and HIV is responsible for the following:
- Ensure the implementation of the UNFPA Country Office (CO) work plan particularly on Youth and ASRH and HIV during the working period;
- Provide assistance to Implementing Partners (IPs) in providing programmatic and financial reports, including:
- In close consultation with the Programme Analyst for Youth and ASRH and Programme Analyst for HIV, provide inputs for the proposed AWP from IPs to ensure prioritization of activities and detailed budgeting, including review Terms of References (TORs) of activities;
- Reviews the compliance between quarterly Work-plan Progress Report (WPR) with the AWP;
- Provide technical assistance to IPs to develop and ensure timely submission of the programme and financial reports (FACE, AWP and WPR) under the output of Youth and Adolescent and HIV in a timely manner;
- In close consultation with the Programme Analyst for Youth and ASRH, Programme Analyst for HIV, and other NPAs, support the implementation of project activities, monitor project expenditures, monitor compliance with programme and financial reports (annual project report, quarterly financial report/FACE and work plan progress report/WPR, follow up audit recommendation, and BAST;
- Assist in programme formulation and work plan creation in Quantum, maintaining and updating project profiles, including progress reports and work plan review in compliance with programme implementation guidelines; operating the Quantum for budget revision, reprogramming of activities, ERP offline preparation and requisition development;
- Collate project-related information and procurement needs; support project personnel in their work plans, monitor and follow-up with implementing partners on submission of progress and financial reports (eFACE);
- Support Programme Analyst for Youth and ASRH and Programme Analyst of HIV in reviewing the performance and progress of the programme, identify bottlenecks and ensure necessary actions are made in a timely manner to remedy problems;
- Support the Programme Analyst for Youth and ASRH and Programme Analyst of HIV to monitor the implementation of the consolidated audit action plan and report to the Senior Management on the progress of implementing the audit recommendations;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to projects by coordinating project-related consultancies, meetings, workshops and events;
- Support the Programme Analyst for Youth and ASRH in engaging the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education and Coordinating Ministry of Human Development and Culture to implement the 2024 and 2025 multi-year work plan of Comprehensive Sexuality Education and the National Action Plan on Adolescent Wellbeing.
- Provide coaching and guidance to project personnel and implementing partner’s staff on UNFPA Implementation Guideline and UNFPA-related programme management and financial policies and procedures;
- Support the Berani Programme Coordinator in coordinating and compiling the financial report of activities funded by Global Affairs Canada.
- Support effective communication with and between UNFPA colleagues (including with other NPAs) at the Country Office, Project Personnel, Implementing Partners and related stakeholders;
- Perform other relevant tasks assigned by the Programme Analyst for Youth and ASRH and the Programme Analyst of HIV.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in public health, accounting, management, administration, economic development and/or related disciplines
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant experience in programme/ project management.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Ability to liaise and affiliate with Government, Donors, NGOs in the area of ASRH and HIV programme
- A sound knowledge/experience in working with ASRH issues in Indonesia is preferable;
- Strong organizational, facilitation, coordination and management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and travel frequently;
- Excellent communication and human relation skills;
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and current office software applications;
- Knowledge of QUANTUM system is preferable
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required
Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
Embracing cultural diversity,
Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
Thinking analytically and strategically,
Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
Communicating for impact
Advocacy/advancing a policy-orientated agenda,
Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/building strategic alliances and partnerships,
Delivering results-based programmes,
Internal and external Communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA Work Environment:
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, diversity, integrity and healthy work-life balance. We are committed to ensuring gender parity in the organization and therefore encourage women to apply. Individuals from the LGBTQIA+ community, minority ethnic groups, indigenous populations, persons with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities in terms of appointment, training, compensation and selection for all regardless of personal characteristics and dimensions of diversity. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is at the heart of UNFPA’s workforce – click here to learn more.
Selection and appointment may be subject to background and reference checks, medical clearance, visa issuance and other administrative requirements.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process and does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Applicants for positions in the international Professional and higher categories, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.