Functional Title : Programme Assistant
Category & Level : UNOPS, Individual Contract Agreement, LICA-4 Level
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Entry on Duty : 01 December 2019
Duration : Initially until 31 December 2020
(Possibility of extension subject to availability of fund)
Annual Salary : Starting from IDR 140.671.000
Closing Date : 20 October 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Senior Programme Associate and reviewed by the Admin/Programme Officer, the Programme Assistant will perform the following duties in his/her area of responsibility:
- Provide administrative assistance and support in routine services and activities within Programme.
- Assist in organizing and documenting the selection of partners in accordance with the policy on selection and retention of partners, ensuring due diligence to meet the requirements of projects.
- Provide support to ensure partnership agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures included in the framework for implementing with partners.
- Guided by the MFT approach, contribute to monitoring activities implemented through partnerships and those under direct implementation in line with Programme Manual and programming instructions.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with issuance of audit certificates for partners in line with the Policy on Risk-Based Project Audits
- Use UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Focus Client, Global Focus Insight and FOCUS Reader, MSRP) for core activities related to planning, budgeting, implementation and reporting, generating data for evidence-based programmatic decisions and analysis.
- Actively contribute to UNHCR’s programming of community of practice and to the improvement of programming tools and processes.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
Education: Completion of the Secondary education (High school diploma).
Experiences: Minimum of 4 years previous relevant job experience; demonstrated experience in programme management, Operation Management Cycle and related process; computer skills (in MS office) including advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, data management, etc.)
Nationality: Citizen of Indonesia; non-citizen with Indonesian permanent residence.
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia (written and spoken) is essential; knowledge of other UN Language is an asset.
Core Competencies: Accountability; Communication; Organization Awareness; Teamwork & Collaboration; Commitment to Continuous Learning; and Client & Result Orientation.
Cross-Functional Competencies: Analytical Thinking; Planning and Organizing; and Stakeholder Management.
Functional Skills: Computer Literacy; Programme Management (project formulation, programme cycles and reporting standards); Results-Based Management; Data Management; and Programme Analysis.
Desirable Skills in: Training relevant to function of the position including Programme Management – Level 1. E-tutoring of PM1, Framework for Implementing with Partners Leaning Programme; Experience in programme management training and capacity building activities.
- With UNHCR Staff
- With External Parties: UNHCR’s implementing partners, NGOs, vendors, relevant government officials, etc.
Supervision exercised and guidance given
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 20 October 2019
IMPORTANT: Candidates must indicate the post title and vacancy number on the envelope or subject of the email.
Applications from all genders and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Late applications will not be considered.
Only those short-listed for the tests (Written & Interview) will be notified.
- Salary Offer 140.671.000 (anually)