Job title: Programme Assistant – Green Corruption programme, Indonesia
Place of work: Indonesia (preferably Jakarta, other locations in Indonesia will be considered for remote working)
Employment rate: 100%
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract type: 1 year with possibility of extension
Basel Institute on Governance
The Basel Institute on Governance is an international and independent not-for-profit organisation working worldwide with the public and private sector to counter corruption and other financial crimes and to improve the quality of governance. Registered as a Swiss foundation with headquarters in Basel, the Institute operates globally and maintains field operations around the world.
The Basel Institute’s Green Corruption programme focuses on applying our in-house expertise and experience in relation to the prevention of corruption and the enforcement of anti-corruption and anti-money laundering standards to the environmental sector. The programme covers corruption and financial crime related to the illegal trade in wildlife, forestry and timber products, fish and mining.
The Green Corruption programme is looking for a Programme Assistant to assist with administrative and programmatic management of a USAID-funded anti-corruption project in Indonesia. We are looking for an exceptionally motivated, highly reliable, flexible and driven individual who is able to work independently.
Under the supervision of Programme Officer-Green Corruption programme, Indonesia and in coordination with the team based in Basel, the position holder will be responsible for administrative arrangements to support various programme activities, including planning, implementation, reporting and evaluation. A significant focus of the Program Assistant will be providing administrative, research and translation support to a team of international advisors engaged on the programme.
The candidate will preferably be located in Jakarta. Other locations in Indonesia will be considered, in which case occasional travel to Jakarta would be required. Only Indonesian nationals are eligible to apply.
The position holder will be contracted for a 12-month period, which, upon satisfactory performance, could be extended. The Programme Assistant reports to the Programme Officer – Green Corruption programme, Indonesia.
- Assist the programme’s technical experts and Programme Officer in the arrangement of events such as training, meetings, conferences, seminars, presentations and others (including accommodation and travel arrangements when necessary).
- Set up appointments/meetings with partner government agencies, civil society, the private sector, state-owned enterprises and academia.
- Provide translation of documents and meetings for the programme’s technical experts.
- Conduct background research for programme planning and implementation as required by the programme’s technical experts.
- Draft terms of reference, letters and other administrative documents, both in Bahasa Indonesia and English, as required for programme activities.
- Assist the Programme Officer in collecting and providing information for documentation, reports and other administrative/programmatic requirements to comply with the terms of contract and donor requirements.
- Support the Programme Officer in ensuring adequate programme documentation.
- Maintain efficient filing systems for programme, operational and administrative records.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Programme Officer and the programme’s technical experts.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor degree (S1) in law, political sciences, international relations, public or business management/administration, or other relevant fields.
- At least two years of relevant experience in programme management/administering development programmes.
- Good management and administrative skills.
- Ability to effectively address multiple tasks and establish priorities with minimum supervision.
- Experience liaising with NGOs, Indonesian Government agencies and state-owned enterprises an advantage.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Experience providing simultaneous translation preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Zoom/other conferencing apps.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, remotely and across time zones while maintaining close contact with the team, communicating transparently and proactively, and reliably adhering to timelines.
- Salary Offer Offer We offer an interesting and rewarding working environment with a proactive, dynamic and international team spirit. The work is both routine and varied. The salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance will be provided.