The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Find out more on: www.ifrc.org
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position:
PROGRAM AND PARTNERSHIPS COORDINATOR
Classification Level: Coordinator
Posting Period : 22 November to 5 December 2017
Duty Station: Jakarta
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 months
ARC-Program Management Support (50%):
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for managing ARC’s Indonesia program, office and staff. The role involves supporting Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI)’s implementation of the Building Safe and Resilient Communities in Eastern Indonesia project and the identification of technical, financial and M&E support required. The role will involve representation of ARC at meetings with PMI and liaison with external stakeholders.
IFRC –Partnerships (50%):
The role will be responsible for promoting IFRC’s partnership and resources mobilization.
Job duties and responsibilities
Program Management Support
- Liaison with PMI staff (Secretary General to program level staff in HQ and NTT province and branch) regarding all aspects of ARC and PMI’s partnership, including identification and the development of joint responses to factors impacting on project progress
- Collaboration with key PMI staff at headquarters, chapter and branch on planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of projects, particularly the Building Safe and Resilience Communities in East Indonesia project
- Lead collaborative planning forums to promote integration of activities and guide the program team in the timely delivery of quality outcomes. Incorporate agreed planning outcomes into clear program workplans for application by respective team members.
- Coordinate and develop internal and external narrative and financial reports that meet ARC and donor requirements
- Support team members to undertake timely financial and narrative reporting obligations at field and HQ level
- Oversee financial management of project funds, tracking project expenditure against budgets and supporting the reforecasting of budgets as necessary.
- Facilitate and support PMI in the integration of cross-cutting issues (gender, disability inclusion) within their programming
- Support PMI with the development of a child protection policy and other compliance related issues,regularly tracking and reporting on progress and implementation
- Represent ARC both internally and externally including regular coordination with DFAT Post
- Line management of ARC’s Jakarta based staff (Program Manager and Finance Officer)
- Ensure regular engagement with line-management in Melbourne (Senior Program Lead) and Practice Leads
In close cooperation and coordination with Regional Partnership and Resource Development Department:
- Maintain and strengthen existing contacts with selected donors as identified by the Head of Country Cluster Support Team (HoCCST)
- Support PMI and IFRC to strengthen the relationship with the identified chambers of commerce or equivalent
- Identify opportunities for thematic funding on areas linked to the 7 Areas of Focus and Strategy for Implementation 1 of the IFRC Plan and Budget 2016-2020
- Under instruction by the HoCCST, prepare project proposals for submission to selected donors
- Support PMI in its capacity to prepare proposals to submit to donors in country, focusing especially but not exclusively on Water, sanitation and hygiene promotion (WASH)
- Under direction of the HoCCST, contribute to the operationalization of the One Billion Coalition for Resilience
- Relevant University Degree or equivalent knowledge.
- Relevant professional training courses (Red Cross/Red Crescent related, humanitarian and development sector, management, etc.) is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in the international sector, focused on humanitarian needs (disaster preparedness, prevention, mitigation, response etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement, including time in the field and/or with a National Society is preferred.
- Management of a team with a minimum 5 years of experience in managing, coaching, and supporting staff in program delivery.
- Experience with participatory assessment, program design, monitoring and evaluation and quality reporting techniques
- Demonstrated achievement in project planning and management, successfully leading teams in the delivery of quality project outcomes on time and within budget.
- Experience in networking and relationship development
- Experience of planning and managing finances and budgets
- Demonstrated skill in analytical and strategic thinking
- Writing progress and final reports, represent and reporting to donors; and fund raising
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing, email, etc.)
- Able to work well in a multicultural team and in a changing environment
- Fluently spoken and written Indonesian and English
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply.REGISTER/LOGIN to read more, it's FREE