CWS Indonesia (https://cws-asia.org/where-we-work/indonesia/) is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
CWS is implementing Strengthening UASC Capacity for Empowerment & Self-Reliance (SUCCESS) project in Jakarta that support UASC (Un-Accompanied & Separated Children) who are transitioning to independent living by establishing mechanism and networks for young refugees and asylum seekers, and to give access to trainings to strengthen their skills and knowledge. The project is one of many projects which complement CWS PURE (Protecting Urban Refugee through Empowerment) program.
CWS/Indonesia is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children
JOB SUMMARY: The ProgramOfficer position is required to support CWS program in Jakarta areas. The officer is responsible to lead and manage the implementation of a one-year project and to ensure the objectives and outputs of the project are met.
RESPONSIBILITY AND TASKS:
Implementation of AfP project in service area of Jakarta
- Mapping and collecting list of potential networks working with marginalized youth
- Planning and manage study visit for CWS staff to the organizations identified as the networks
- Assess and identify relevant organizations to meet regularly for mutual support and networking
- Inaugurate coordination meetings and network building with agreed organizations
- Facilitate info-sessions for aging-out UASC on Indonesian law, culture, and adolescence reproductive health
- Facilitate additional Indonesian language courses
- Facilitate vocational trainings for transitioning UASC
- Conduct Participatory Assessment with refugee communities’ members to identify existing ways of welcoming new members
- Facilitate Community-based Protection and SGBV trainings for refugee community leaders and representatives
- Facilitate workshop for UASC, community leaders and refugee representative to formalize and agree new ways and means to welcome new members
- Create, produce, and distribute IEC media of the agreed ways resulted from the workshop
Documentation and Data/Report writing.
- Collect the qualitative and quantitative data/reports related to the refugees/groups
- Compile reports from the fields for weekly and monthly reporting requirements
- Liaise with other Program Officers to ensure the data collection and analyses are continuously captured and update.
- Develop and Support the Data Entry/data-base for project purposes
- Ensure to provide the information, data and reports refugees/groups in a timely and correct manner
- Ensure that all program documentation and data/reports are prepared and filed properly and provided in timely manner.
- Provide reports on field visit/ cases of refugees.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure that each activities conducted has a mean of verification (documentation, attendance list, report, etc.)
- Monitor the implementation of program in the field
- Evaluate the projects and refugees/groups report according to the plans in collaboration with and other program officers
- Produce timely report of the project as scheduled
- Do other tasks related to the PURE program implementation as requested by the Program Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Education, Social Work, Social Sciences or other relevant field.
- Ability to work in a cultural and gender-sensitive manner, respecting diversity in its all forms, including religious minorities, socio-economic situation, sexual orientation and ethnicity, etc;
- Ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders (NGO networks, government institutions and refugees)
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Possess computer skills, including internet-based communication/ and various office applications (Microsoft Words, Excel and Power Point).
- Significant skill in reporting, documentation and database management is essential.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is essential. Knowledge of Dari/Farsi/Arabic/Urdu will be an added advantage.
- Minimum two years experiences or relevant experience in education program
- Having experience in manage education services for community, children, youth or related areas
- Having knowledge and understanding of refugee education program and child protection issues
- Having skills in information analysis, database management, report writing, and documentation is essential
- Proactive and Responsible with an eye for details
How to Apply
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV,Including two references; expected gross salary and contact number by 20 July 2018,. Please send applications to email@example.com