CWS Indonesia www.cws-asia.org is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
CWS is currently implementing an Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Program in Central Sulawesi prioritizing on WASH, Shelter, Non Food Item (NFI) Distribution, Protection (including Child Protection).
CWS is now looking to fill the following position:
Program Officer – Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, & Learning (MEAL) – Palu Based – 1 Person
The Program Officer – MEAL, in coordination and under the lead of Program Manager and MEAL Specialist will be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability system of CWS Indonesia program in Palu. She/he will be responsible in the area of development and implementation of the project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) systems. He/She will assist in the compilation and analysis of program data and learning; assists the Program Manager in the provision of technical assistance in designing and implementing studies, research, surveys and evaluations; set-up and implement accountability to beneficiaries mechanisms, monitor program quality, and support program learning.
RESPONSIBILITY & TASKS
Monitoring & Evaluation
- To participate into program development and planning activities
- Participate in the MEAL roll out plan within the program
- Compile and provide required data for reporting to donors and CWS requirements
- Ensure all projects meet CWS MEAL essential standards
- Work closely with the program team to develop Program Quality Benchmarks
- Use process, output and outcome level quality Benchmarks as reference to undertake field monitoring visits, focusing on program quality aspects, discuss with relevant staff and share reports with relevant colleagues
- Work with the program team to develop data collection tool
- Work with program team to regularly collect data related to their indicators.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Program staff and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Coordinate evaluations and research activities and ensure effective data collection.
- Supervise the development of data collection tools proposed for evaluations activities
- Participate in the design of evaluations under the guidance of Program Director
- Perform all types of quantitative analyses (descriptive and inferential analyses) using appropriate software (SPSS and/or STATA) as required
- Support the program team to set up Complaint and Response Mechanism to respond to complaints/concerns/feedback from beneficiaries
- Receive accountability data from field, analyze it and share with the Program Manager. Compile and analyze data on monthly basis and share it with program teams at various levels.
- Maintain the Complaints and Response Mechanism database, ensure participation from different community elements including children.
Learning, Knowledge Management and Innovation
- Provide technical support and or identify technical resources to assist in Institutional strengthening activities.
- Conduct orientation of program staff on Accountability and Learning
- Assist Program Manager in documenting the most significant change, write success stories, collecting information from the field
Reporting, Coordination and Communication
- Assist Program Manager in report writing.
- Synergize MEAL and other technical sectors of the program.
- Establish and coordinate appropriate linkages between program partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science or relevant with significant coursework in Social Research Methodology.
- Minimum of 3 year experience in monitoring & evaluation, developing and managing monitoring and learning system
- Experience in one of CWS priority sectors ie: Emergency Response.
- Passion for evidence-driven development programming and interest in on going international research
- Demonstrated skills in designing and carrying out qualitative and quantitative research and using research in program design
- Demonstrate experience in developing or overseeing data management solutions, and familiar with technologies in social research
- Excellent skills in training, coaching, and mentoring
- Have advance descriptive statistic and statistical inference knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Proven Ability to work effectively as part of multidisciplinary and multicultural team, to influence change without direct authority, to work successfully with people at all levels in the field and to manage conflict and move groups of people toward completion of activities.
- Willing to travel and work irregular hours.
How to Apply
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV, Including three references; expected gross salary and contact number, the latest on 17th August 2019. Please send applications to email@example.com