Program Officer Landscape and Commodities
this role is based in Jakarta, Indonesia
The Program Officer is a support role and will focus primarily on supporting Senior Program Manager Landscape and Commodities with main objectives:
• Support the development and mainstreaming of Green Growth plan and linking this with Subnational legislations, Regional Mid-Term Development Plan and Local Budget plan.
• Assist in unlocking and securing private sector investment to meet Green Growth Plan indicator targets, under jurisdictional Production-Protection-Inclusion (PPI) Compacts and/or Verified Sourcing Areas.
• Support the development and transformation commodity market into sustainable supply chain.
• Assist Senior Program Manager to develop and sustain effective mainstreaming strategies for Green Growth Plan.
• Support the Senior Program Manager to identify potential partners to work with and through in implementation programs.
• Maintain contacts with existing program stakeholders and establish network with other related public and private partners.
• Assist Senior Program Manager in developing and monitoring work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
• Monitor progress weekly of projects and programs ensuring goals and objectives are achieved.
• Support the organization of input from the program partners to enable Operations to run the required program administration and reporting. This includes the development of performance indicators for the management of program pipeline deliverables.
• Prepare and review program contract documents (subcontracts, sub-agreements, and Memoranda of Understanding) as requested.
• Review and analyze operational and financial reports of projects and programs.
• Recording and reconciliation of financial administration, aligned with YIDH’s internal control framework.
• Compile financial audit file from Implementing Partners (IPs).
• Review, follow up financial reports and plans of IPs, aligned with YIDH IPs Financial Guide.
• Support Senior Program Manager in planning, organization, coordination and execution of events and workshops.
• Represent YIDH at industry associations, conferences, and other external meetings and events as directed by Program Manager.
• Prepare, review and disseminate project-related reports and documents as directed by Program Manager.
• Prepare and develop high quality proposal, concept notes, investment committee notes and program summaries.
• A Minimum 3+ years of relevant working experience in international organizations/settings.
• Knowledge of sustainability issue in the landscape and commodities sector (Palm Oil, Timber, Pulp and Paper, Rubber, Coffee, Cocoa, Spices, Aquaculture).
• Strong knowledge of financial administration and budgets.
• Good experience in project and stakeholder management.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially a very good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
• Have extensive experience working in Indonesia.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Next to these criteria, the following competencies are expected of applicants:
A team player and able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Outstanding analytical capabilities.
Excellent presentation and communication skills, in writing and verbally.
Pro-active-, service- and detail-oriented, analytical, structured and business minded.
Ability and willingness to travel to several remote areas in Indonesia.
Yayasan offers a challenging position within an enthusiastic and passionate team. As a Yayasan team member you can contribute to positive global change. The position is a full-time position. The successful applicant will initially be offered a one-year contract but with the possibility to extend.
For more information about IDH, please visit www.idhtrade.org.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Program Officer Landscape and Commodities” in the subject line. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible, latest by 18 January 2018.