AVI is made up of 150 passionate professionals based in 29 countries, supporting people-to-people-led development outcomes right around the world.
Each and every day we are motivated by the knowledge that when you bring the right people with the right skills together, you can build truly sustainable building locally-driven capacity where it’s needed most.
We value equity and social justice; integrity; diversity and inclusion; partnership; solidarity and respect – and we are committed to living out these values in everything we do.
Joining AVI is so much more than just a job. It’s a chance to join a team of people with a sincere passion and belief that the work they help to support, truly makes a difference.
Support the Program Manager to implement the DFAT-funded Australian Volunteer Program in Indonesia; playing a key representational role and helping ensure effective programming, Partnership engagement, Partnership strategy and planning.
Download the Program Officer Position Description here
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements, please see the Position Description on the AVI website www.avi.org.au.
This role is a locally engaged position and is open to Indonesian citizens or permanent residents only.
Please submit a cover letter and a current resume
Desired Skills and Experience
Knowledge and Experience
- A high level of cross-cultural awareness and understanding of the challenges faced by foreign nationals working in an Indonesian context.
- Demonstrated experience working with local and/or international organisations in Indonesia
- Demonstrate experiences collaborating with a range of organisations/institutions, Government, National /International NGOs, and Private sectors.
- Demonstrated experience in networking, partnership development and partner engagement
- Understanding of safety and security risks related to foreign nationals living and working in Indonesia, and an understanding of appropriate risk management strategies.
- Understanding and commitment to AVI’s vision and values, and a commitment to equal employment opportunity, workplace health and safety, child protection and privacy principles*
Skills and Attributes
- Strong communication skills, including the capacity to maintain good open and constructive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in an international context.
- Excellent computer skills including the use of databases, Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, an empathetic nature and the ability to effectively and efficiently respond to a diverse range of people and issues.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, including the ability to take initiative, be flexible, set priorities, meet deadlines and work independently to achieve set objectives
- Ability to think critically, analyse and problem-solve.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Indonesian and the ability to translate, including proposal and report writing skills in English.
- This job has expired!
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!
Outreach and Communication Officer – based in Jakarta
Widya Erti Indonesia Fixed Term Indonesia, Jakarta Selatan Communication and Media - Conservation - Program - Research