CWS Indonesia (www.cwsindonesia.or.id) is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
CWS is currently implementing an Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Program in Central Sulawesi prioritizing on WASH (including Hygiene Promotion) , Shelter, Non Food Item (NFI) Distribution, protection (including Child Protection).
CWS is now looking to fill the following vacancy:
Program Officer (Hygiene Promotion), Palu based – 1 person
JOB SUMMARY: The Program Officer position is required to support CWS Program in Central Sulawesi. He/She should also assist the Program Manager and the Emergency Response Working Group for all types of reporting and communication concerning the project, especially in Hygiene Promotion activities. The Program Officer will also assist the organization with other programs and projects of the organization. The position also requires coordination/ communication with local counter parts and CWS program staff. It also requires managerial, administration and documentation skills needed to improve and strengthen the work of local partners. Travel for monitoring is required. An ability to be flexible in working with local counter parts and as part of a “team” is essential.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
1. Rapid Response
- Responsible for Emergency Response in Central Sulawesi in coordination with Focal Point / Partners in respective area.
- Support Focal Point / Partners in developing draft proposal.
- Ensure implementation of Emergency Response in coordination with Focal Point / Partners.
- Ensure and provide technical assistant for monitoring evaluation and reporting conducted in the field.
- Support the activities in other Emergency Response area if needed.
- Prepare and develop tool in rapid response.
2. Provide technical assistance to potential partners
- Work closely with partners in identifying their need.
- Discuss with partners in determining the objective of programs and implementation strategies.
- Help them in identifying different needs.
- Providing technical supports to partners especially in Hygiene Promotion program activities.
3. Networking & Coordination
- To build good relationship with the government institutions, local institutions and other stakeholders related to CWS Program.
- To conduct regular discussions with different stakeholders involving in emergency response issues.
- To introduce CWS Program and get feedbacks from other stakeholders.
4. Documentation and report writing
- Provide information, data and reports timely as requested
- Ensure that all program documentation and reports are filed properly.
- Make report of field visit.
5. Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Monitor the implementation of program in the field
- Evaluate the projects and partner’s report according to the plans
- Ensure that partners report timely
6. Internal communication and coordination
- Communicate and coordinate with Finance staff on the financial issues of projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with Logistic Staff on the logistic issues
- Communicate and coordinate with administration staff in administration issues, such as coordinate vehicles when traveling to project sites
- Do other tasks as requested by Program Manager
- Hold Bachelor (S1) in Nursing, Public Health or other relevant field.
- Preferably having WASH (including hygiene promotion) program management experience in post disaster setting.
- Ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders (NGO networks, government institutions, local partners, community).
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and to handle multi tasking jobs.
- Able to work in a team and work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment.
- Possessing computer skills, including internet communication/ and various office applications (Microsoft Words, Excel, MS Access and Power Point).
- Experience working with INGO or International environment is beneficial.
- Willing to work outside working hours if necessary.
- Willing to travel to the project sites frequently.
- Having the skill in writing, reporting, and documenting is essential.
- Ability to work in a cultural and gender-sensitive manner, respect diversity in its all forms, including religious minorities, socio-economic situation, sexual orientation and ethnicity, etc.
How to Apply
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV, including three references; expected gross salary and contact number, the latest on 31st May 2019. Please send applications in MS Word format (maximum 200KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org