CWS/Indonesia www.cws-asia.org is an international relief, development, and refugee assistance agency that has been operating in Indonesia for many years under an agreement with the Ministry of Social Affairs. CWS Indonesia is the field office of CWS, Inc., headquartered in New York. CWS assists the most vulnerable, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. CWS works with partners to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world.
CWS is implementing a UNHCR-funded program in Jakarta that assists refugees and asylum seekers to access basic services such as health care, and provides skills training and education programs.
CWS does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
The Program Officer Education position is required to support CWS program in Jakarta areas. The incumbent is responsible for all issues related in education sector focusing for refugees, unaccompanied children and other children and to support in compiling the qualitative and quantitative data in comprehensive reports.
RESPONSIBILITY AND TASKS:
Implementation of CWS program in service area of Jakarta
- Assist the enrolment of school-age refugees children into public and/or non-formal education programs.
- Map out alternative education activities that can equip refugees with additional knowledge and skills.
- Develop learning methods and teaching evaluation for qualified teachers selected from refugees or the local communities.
- Monitor the quality of appointed institutions that deliver education for refugees.
- Implement any International commemoration and close coordination with other Program Officers to ensure the event is proper implemented.
- Develop and organize educative, recreational and or sport activities.
- Monitor the implementation of skill training, recreational/sport activities held for refugees.
- Coordinate and facilitate the production and distribution of all publication of the monthly refugees newsletter to the target audience.
- Write, compile and promote success stories of project activities
Documentation and Data/Report writing
- Collect the qualitative and quantitative data/reports related to the refugees/groups
- Compile reports from the fields for weekly and monthly reporting requirements
- Liaise with other Program Officers to ensure the data collection and analyses are continuously captured and update.
- Develop and Support the Data Entry/data-base for project purposes
- Ensure to provide the information, data and reports refugees/groups in a timely and correct manner
- Ensure that all program documentation and data/reports are prepared and filed properly and provided in timely manner.
- Provide reports on field visit/ cases of refugees.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Monitor the implementation of program in the field
- Evaluate the projects and refugees/groups report according to the plans in collaboration with and other program officers
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor Degree in Education, Social Sciences or other relevant field.
- Minimum two years experiences or relevant experience in education program
- Having experience in manage education services for community, children, youth or related areas.
- Having knowledge and understanding of refugee education program and child protection issues.
- Having skills in information analysis, database management, report writing, and documentation is essential
- Ability to work in a cultural and gender-sensitive manner, respecting diversity in its all forms, including religious minorities, socio-economic situation, sexual orientation and ethnicity, etc;
- Ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders (NGO networks, government institutions and refugees)
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Possess computer skills, including internet-based communication/ and various office applications (Microsoft Words, Excel and Power Point).
- Significant skill in reporting, documentation and database management is essential.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is essential. Knowledge of Dari/Farsi/Arabic/Urdu will be an added advantage.
- Proactive and Responsible with an eye for details
How to Apply
Applications should include a cover letter, reflecting motivation; a CV, including two references; expected gross salary and contact number by 9th May 2021. Please send applications in MS Word format (maximum 200KB) to email@example.com